The Bulls & The Bees

Started by MrLuck87, December 13, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FartLips

Quote from: Lunica on February 28, 2012, 06:40:51 AM
So. I listened to the war on wisdom.

First of all, I love the melvins. But I can
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

homeless_dad

Quote from: Schnabster on February 28, 2012, 05:50:36 AM
Quote from: homeless_dad on February 28, 2012, 04:02:54 AM
Quote from: Schnabster on February 28, 2012, 02:16:57 AM
Quote from: homeless_dad on February 27, 2012, 02:41:23 PM
Quote from: Candy Dazzle linb][/b]k=topic=16413.msg384632#msg384632 date=1330367765]

get some new members or even better one single bass player and make something cool so us haters don't have to throw hissy fits about the mighty Melvins making dull records.

I hope Buzz is taking notes!  Doesn't he realize that the melvins world revolves around us the uber fans and not the other way around!

Honestly Buzz...

we know what's best for your band!
(end sarcasm)

I think Buzz give fuck all in what we write here. If he had read it, perhaps he had appreciated the critizism, perhaps not, but most probably he would have been nevermind. The whiners will anyhow buy the new record, no matter if they like it or not, that`s guaranteed.

A critique of the art is one thing but to council Buzz as to how the band should or shouldn't sound or who should or shouldn't be a member is  insulting.

No one here is in the position to direct anything, but as fanboys we have our different opinions. In my book Buzz and Dale are ingenious, but I believe that no matter if they are in 100% control of the band that BB is now a part of, the double drumming and Jareds vocal + BBs style lays certain terms and has an effect on how stuff sounds. If that`s Buzz` intention that`s ok, but us fanboys between must have a possibility to exchange views.

PS! Not everything made together with BB is bad in my book, there are som real highlights on the prior records, and live they are amazing.

Dead horse beat to a puree? Check

I'm done with this thread.
Is Ian back yet??

Schnabster

Homeless Dad, stop, where are you going?!!!

homeless_dad

Quote from: Schnabster on February 28, 2012, 09:52:24 AM
Homeless Dad, stop, where are you going?!!!
To join a Hansen bbs. :lol:

I'm just kinda sick of this back and forth ranting by everyone in this thread.  I'm new here so maybe this kinda stuff is commonplace but to me it gets old. 

Besides I think I've neglected my family enough since "war" entered the scene.  Oh yeah, I gotta pay some bills too.

I guess it truly has been a war on wisdom.
TTFN
Is Ian back yet??

Schnabster

I know where you are, Homeless, same situatuon here, daughter on my lap right now, hehe!

(((O)))

Quote from: Schnabster on February 28, 2012, 11:37:25 AM
same situatuon here, daughter on my lap right now, hehe!
And to think women say men can't multi-task eh?  :)

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

FartLips

Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

(PAUL)

I'm just remembering when everyone on this board thought Pigs of the Roman Empire sucked. Put me down for liking the new song. I only listened to it twice though as I want to listen to the whole thing. Two weeks!
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

FartLips

Quote from: (PAUL) on February 28, 2012, 05:26:41 PM
I'm just remembering when everyone on this board thought Pigs of the Roman Empire sucked. Put me down for liking the new song. I only listened to it twice though as I want to listen to the whole thing. Two weeks!
my favorite stuff as of late was the hof split series.

MrLuck87

Quote from: Schnabster on February 27, 2012, 02:06:21 AM
ManWith, aren`t people allowed to have their opinion?

Yes, people are allowed to have their opinions and the issue isn't "he doesn't like a song I like!".  At this point a lot of people who criticize the Melvins here are just sounding like a broken record.  I feel like we could basically look at everything negative that was said about The War on Wisdom, look at the complaints from The Bride Screamed Murder, and they'd be about the same.

For example, I was trying to figure out why "dijk cheese" didn't like the new song.  He made comments about it sounding like college rock and it lacked depth and soul.  I pointed out why I thought he was wrong (aka my opinion).  His next post on the thread was about how "this is shite. it really is.", "what the fuck are you guys on about?", and another closing "this is shit.".  I get it, he doesn't like the song.  I can live with that.  Of course I can!  How else could I live on a planet where no Melvins albums have gone gold?

But the thing is I find it baffling.  If I play The Bride Screamed Murder for some teenage girls who are LMFAO fans then I won't blink twice when they call the album "shit".  If I play it for fans of Hostile Ambient Takeover and they call it "shit" I can't help but say "You think so?!?!  Really?!?!  How come?!?!" 

It's about like if I met someone who claimed to be a huge Black Sabbath fan but they hated Vol 4.

"Really?  But you like the other albums?  How is that possible?"
"It sounds like the last albums and it's shit"
"I just don't hear it.  I mean Fx and Changes sound nothing like anything else they've ever done.  I guess Snowblind is a little similar to Sweet Leaf with the drug theme and all but they're pretty different songs!"
"It's shit"

It's just not a very satisfying answer.  However that's about what it feels like every time there's discussion about new Melvins at this point.  It's just the same tired arguments with nothing new being brought to the table.

But anyway, I was considering not even posting this mainly because it's difficult to judge someone's tone through text.  I'm not mad at anyone and I personally don't think anything was ban worthy. 

FartLips

dijk wasn't serious about the college rock dig. i'm not the only sarcastic bitch here.

dead mike

Quote from: MrLuck87 on February 28, 2012, 09:53:03 PM
Quote from: Schnabster on February 27, 2012, 02:06:21 AM
ManWith, aren`t people allowed to have their opinion?

Yes, people are allowed to have their opinions and the issue isn't "he doesn't like a song I like!".  At this point a lot of people who criticize the Melvins here are just sounding like a broken record.  I feel like we could basically look at everything negative that was said about The War on Wisdom, look at the complaints from The Bride Screamed Murder, and they'd be about the same.

For example, I was trying to figure out why "dijk cheese" didn't like the new song.  He made comments about it sounding like college rock and it lacked depth and soul.  I pointed out why I thought he was wrong (aka my opinion).  His next post on the thread was about how "this is shite. it really is.", "what the fuck are you guys on about?", and another closing "this is shit.".  I get it, he doesn't like the song.  I can live with that.  Of course I can!  How else could I live on a planet where no Melvins albums have gone gold?

But the thing is I find it baffling.  If I play The Bride Screamed Murder for some teenage girls who are LMFAO fans then I won't blink twice when they call the album "shit".  If I play it for fans of Hostile Ambient Takeover and they call it "shit" I can't help but say "You think so?!?!  Really?!?!  How come?!?!" 

It's about like if I met someone who claimed to be a huge Black Sabbath fan but they hated Vol 4.

"I just don't hear it.  I mean Fx and Changes sound nothing like anything else they've ever done.  I guess Snowblind is a little similar to Sweet Leaf with the drug theme and all but they're pretty different songs!"
"It's shit"

It's just not a very satisfying answer.  However that's about what it feels like every time there's discussion about new Melvins at this point.  It's just the same tired arguments with nothing new being brought to the table.

But anyway, I was considering not even posting this mainly because it's difficult to judge someone's tone through text.  I'm not mad at anyone and I personally don't think anything was ban worthy.
Calm down.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

MrLuck87

Quote from: FartLips on February 28, 2012, 10:17:33 PM
dijk wasn't serious about the college rock dig. i'm not the only sarcastic bitch here.

You sure?  He seemed serious.

Quote from: dead mike on February 28, 2012, 10:24:30 PM
Calm down.

Freak out!

Candy Dazzle

Quote from: MrLuck87 on February 28, 2012, 09:53:03 PM

Hello......SUPERNAUT!!!!! That was unlike anything they'd done too and is the sole reason Volume 4 reigns supreme. The funkiest shake your ass riff around and an all-round brilliant tune.

I don't think dijk meant to say "it's shite".....I think he got a little too excited and meant to say "it's dull and predictable imho and it's now been around 7yrs, 3 studio albums coming up 4 and unknown amounts of live albums with this line-up and I want a change as one of THE coolest bands on the planet seems to be getting stale in the studio which dissapoints me greatly".

I'm 99.99% sure Freak Puke will satisfy dijk.