Interview I had with Buzz

Started by WGB, January 24, 2012, 04:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WGB

When I was younger I wanted to see Fantomas for free so I got asked to interview them, I wasn't a Melvins fan at this point, but I quickly became one afterwards.  Don't make too much fun of me, I'd never done it before, or since really.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not every day that a band like Fant

jules

Cool. Very cool. Tracksuit clones  :lol: :lol:

Dumpster D

ManWithNoName

Cool interview, thanks for sharing.

This is a general comment that isn't a negative comment on your interview. I don't understand why Buzz is never asked about reading. What are his favorite books? Favorite authors? What books would he recommend? If he could force everyone to read a book, which one would it be?

The same could be said for movies.

Dumpster D

Yeah, most interviews are about music questions.

unless there's something crazy and new and exiting in the works, it's all the same general questions mainly, and I'd rather want to talk about something other than my own band all the time If I was Buzz or Dale. 

I Did like that Fantomas interview talking about how the sound console caught fire mysteriously and melted and bubbled out black ooze or something...heheh.

I forget when and where I read THAT, but Buzz Did talk about a bit about how weird touring with Patton was.

I BET!

anyway yeah, I guess It's rare to get a certain "angle" Especially in a Melvins interview, and assuming all the Readers of the interview already know a great deal about the bands History.

then it could get more interesting or involved.

irezumi

redcarpetsuitman

After a Melvins show in 2000, I asked the King about books. I was real into Jack Kerouac and William S. Burroughs at the time, and asked him what he thought of the beat stuff. He said he didn't care for much of that, and that Kerouac was an alcoholic who died at home with his mommy. :)) He did say that he thought Burroughs was ok. At the time, he said he was reading a book about wwII, I believe. It was definitely war related. And, he said he prefers nonfiction.
Sidenote: My friend was wearing a Smashing Pumpkins t-shirt, and Buzzo pointed at it and said "you oughta rethink that shirt". I've always loved that.

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

WGB

norecess

could it be that "(the) thugs" are the fugs?

WGB

I think you might be right, there was a les thugs on sub pop, but if he's listening to the Sonics then it's more likely it's the Fugs and I just misheard him.  It was about 8 years ago.

norecess

Quote from: WGB on January 25, 2012, 03:50:01 AM
I think you might be right, there was a les thugs on sub pop, but if he's listening to the Sonics then it's more likely it's the Fugs and I just misheard him.  It was about 8 years ago.

8 years ago, eh? so it was you who started the "(the)"thing? hmmz...

GrimReaper

Great job on the interview. Hard to believe that is 8 years ago already. Interesting that Buzz mentioned Sideways. Must have been in the theaters in 2004. Great movie IMO. Book is good also, but much darker and Miles more of a tough guy.

(((O)))

Good work W, thanks for posting.  =D>

Quote from: WGB on January 24, 2012, 04:46:43 PM
I really liked the new Star Wars
Buzz needs to rethink that!  :?

GrimReaper