Everybody Loves Sausages

Started by black stallion, February 08, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

:shock: :shock:

http://theobelisk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6297

Feb. 8, 2013, San Francisco -- The Melvins return with a 13-track covers album titled "Everybody Loves Sausages," which is set for an Apr. 30 release via Ipecac Recordings.

"This record will give people a peak into the kind of things that influence us musically," explains Buzz Osborne. "We REALLY like all of these songs along with the bands who actually wrote this stuff because first and foremost we are HUGE music fans."

In a decidedly Melvins approach to a covers album, the band not only selected a unique assortment of songs to cover, ranging from Roxy Music's "In Every Dream Home A Heartache" to Queen's "Best Friend," they also enlisted several friends to take part including Mudhoney's Mark Arm joining them for The Scientists' "Set It On Fire" and Neurosis' Scott Kelly pitching in on a cover of Venom's "Warhead."

While the release is billed as a proper Melvins' album (featuring the line-up of Osborne, Dale Crover, Jared Warren and Coady Willis), there are a handful of songs recorded as the Melvins Lite incarnation of the band (Osborne, Crover and Trevor Dunn): "Female Trouble" (Divine a.k.a. John Waters), "Timothy Leary Lives" (Pop-O-Pies) and "Romance By Tales of Terror" (Tales of Terror).

The complete track listing with original artist and guest player notation:
1. Warhead (Venom; Guest: Scott Kelly of Neurosis)
2. Best Friend (Queen; Guest: Caleb Benjamin of Tweak Bird)
3. Black Betty (Original artist unknown)
4. Set It On Fire (The Scientists; Guest: Mark Arm)
5. Station To Station (David Bowie; Guest: JG Thirlwell)
6. Attitude (The Kinks: Guest: Clem Burke of Blondie)
7. Female Trouble (Divine a.k.a. John Waters)
8. Carpe Diem (The Fugs)
9. Timothy Leary Lives (Pop-O-Pies)
10. In Every Dream Home A Heartache (Roxy Music; Guests: Jello Biafra and Kevin Rutmanis)
11. Romance (Tales of Terror)
12. Art School (The Jam; Guest: Tom Hazelmeyer)
13. Heathen Earth (Throbbing Gristle)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Rev. Mike

Fuck yea, sStation to Station, Hope they do this live.

rictus

QuoteIn Every Dream Home A Heartache (Roxy Music; Guests: Jello Biafra and Kevin Rutmanis)

:o Kevin

Dan_Halen

Fuck ya!!! Looks awesome, so an album with Jared,Trevor and Kevin on it!!! :shock:
Los ticka toe rest

Uncle Fester

holy shit bs is on the ball. this literally just got posted on their fb.

SO EXCITED.

(((O)))

Ah this is interesting news!! Im usually not fond of bands when they release cover albums but i'll give this a chance. It makes me think of The Crybaby again in a way.

John Schuller

Look! All those songs that the Melvins only released on super expensive limited edition collector vinyl - now available for the crybabies!!!!

Maybe all y'all crybabies need to stop crying about music being so expensive. The Melvins get around to it - so just CHILL!

black stallion

JG Thirlwell collaborating with The Melvins again  :love:

pinkyslim

jules

buddy holiday

some awesome picks!
really curious about bowie and queen...

black stallion

(((O)))

The songs on this album were recorded last winter, a year ago right?

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

(the) flutter nuts

Damn double threaded this, can someone delete this please i knot know khnow
I got the shits real bad.