Everybody Loves Sausages

Started by black stallion, February 08, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

black stallion

Quote from: pinkyslim on April 28, 2013, 07:14:08 PM
Quote from: violent office on April 28, 2013, 05:54:21 PM
To clarify, there's nothing wrong with these guest singers.  They all do a fine job, but I'd rather just hear the Melvins take care of business by themselves.

a true MELVINS purist. =D>

do you agree pinky? confess!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jules

Quote from: black stallion on April 29, 2013, 12:25:59 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on April 28, 2013, 07:14:08 PM
Quote from: violent office on April 28, 2013, 05:54:21 PM
To clarify, there's nothing wrong with these guest singers.  They all do a fine job, but I'd rather just hear the Melvins take care of business by themselves.

a true MELVINS purist. =D>

do you agree pinky? confess!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdDPjorVTUQ

Chief Ten Beers

Got it in the mail today from Best Buy. About to throw it on. I see the QC at Ipecac is slipping, back cover has "Roxie" Music printed. :facepalm: Will that make the first printings limited edition? :lol:

FUCK :o This is the shit! First time hearing the Queen cover on CD. Love it. The keyboards are so great! STS is the best track indeed. Only gripe is they should have included the "Mr. DNA" cover.

(the) flutter nuts

oh yes, this album is killer!!!!!
I got the shits real bad.



(((O)))

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on April 29, 2013, 04:10:08 PM
Only gripe is they should have included the "Mr. DNA" cover.
YES!

'Pinhead' and 'Bacon Industry' too. Perhaps even 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand'. I would have included those four and knocked off Best Friend, Black Betty, Timothy Leary Lives and Art School.

Hot Pants

yeah, I could do without Black Betty myself.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Hot Pants

just came in the mail, popping it in now.

hey my CD cover was printed backwards!!! wtf?!?!














kidding! but seriously.

is anyone else happy that melvins still use regular jewel cases for their CD releases for the most part? fucking hate digipaks.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Leroy

don't mind either way.  most important thing is the music itself that's on the cd.  they could even release it in a cheap-o slimline jewel case and I'd still be happy.

Helen83

I get excited for new Melvins releases but nothing has justified it since H.A.T for me. This release is no different. I mean after hearing the Queen and Bowie covers I was excited...but after hearing the rest of it nothing really stood out. I have only heard it once though and it was online. Obviously I'll be buying the CD regardless due to the greatness of the name.

deatheats

Just bought a copy on a break from work. 

Can't wait to listen to it on the drive home  \:D/

Metalhead Cow

Picked the CD up after work today  \:D/

Just looked through the booklet- Here's what I have to say:
-The "make it a cheeseburger" artwork is in there.  :lol:
-"It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black"-Charlie Brown  :lol:
-That dachshund sure is cute!  :D
-nice brief liner notes for each song. "It was great to play with Kevin again!"  8)
-I love the pink/salmon color

I think I'll give the album an actual listen now.  :P

Hot Pants

the liner notes were pretty cool for this one. I enjoyed going through them while listening.



so anyone have any guesses on what tunes off of this album that they might play on the upcoming tour, if any?

im guessing the won't play Station to Station (man, Melvins covering Bowie is so cool).

im thinking they might play Attitude, since its the current lineup playing that song anyways, and its pretty straightforward.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Leroy

I was actually kinda surprised that Trevor sang lead vocals in a song....I think that's the first song he ever sang lead on! 

cantona

Here is the video i filmed and directed for Attitude. Enjoy.

Melvins "Attitude"

andy the angry bald man

i was kinda worried i wasn't gonna like this album, but it came in this morning (thanks early morning UPS driver!) and i goddamn love it.  i'd only listened to "best friend" and "female trouble" before now ... "station to station" fucking kills.  so does "set it on fire" .. love mark's vocals.  hell, it's all fucking good.  hail melvins. 



one weird thing about my CD, and it's kinda hard to describe without a photo, but when i took it out of the shrinkwrap, i noticed that the spines on the CD tray art were messed up and folded wrong.  like, the spine part was folded up next to the CD itself, around the back of the tray.  this probably makes no sense, but it was weird.