Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series

Started by jules, May 05, 2013, 05:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

meezer

Quote from: Dan_Halen on April 25, 2014, 06:25:36 AM
Quote from: meezer on April 24, 2014, 11:58:05 PM
I haven't heard the b-side, but so what if he has a high voice? He plays baritone guitar that sounds like your brain is being cooked at 1100 degrees. Then again, I am a Rush fan......

My comment wasn't meant to be taken as a criticism but more of a comparison. I love higher voices and really dig Caleb's vocals and his band. Never thought of Rush until I heard the Queen B-Side.
That's cool. I'm not mad.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

WGB

I like Rush too.  I wasn't expecting Caleb to be doing both sides, I figured the B-side to be Dale's moment.

Yanayaya

In my opinion Bowie is very difficult to cover.  He was such a part of my universe as a teenager.  Breaking Glass is completely amazing however.  I can't wait to give it a spin at my next party!!  Vive le Rock!
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

meezer

Quote from: Yanayaya on April 25, 2014, 08:16:55 AM
In my opinion Bowie is very difficult to cover.  He was such a part of my universe as a teenager.  Breaking Glass is completely amazing however.  I can't wait to give it a spin at my next party!!  Vive le Rock!
I can't wait to hear Breaking Glass! Station To Station was my favorite track on Sausages (besides Female Troubles). But I have no $$ for all of this vinyl. I'll just have to check it out on YouTube. They had better release this on CD. That's how they get my $$$, since '94! :?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Alex-

More people that didn't recieved their clown singles yet? :( I already got my Gay Witch record (which I ordered the same day), and also my NYE poster but no clowns..


buddy holiday

Quote from: Alex- on May 01, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
More people that didn't recieved their clown singles yet? :( I already got my Gay Witch record (which I ordered the same day), and also my NYE poster but no clowns..
but you did get the confirmation email with the tracking number? can you get any info out of that?
i got mine like a week ago... i would write an email to rob from amrep if you don't get them by early next week.

jules

Quote from: Alex- on May 01, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
More people that didn't recieved their clown singles yet? :( I already got my Gay Witch record (which I ordered the same day), and also my NYE poster but no clowns..
Oh God, time to panic.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: jules on May 01, 2014, 03:41:29 PM
Quote from: Alex- on May 01, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
More people that didn't recieved their clown singles yet? :( I already got my Gay Witch record (which I ordered the same day), and also my NYE poster but no clowns..
Oh God, time to panic.

oh come on, I still haven't received mine and I'm not worried at all, I'm used to wait for at least one month or two.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Alex-

Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 01, 2014, 10:38:45 PM
Quote from: jules on May 01, 2014, 03:41:29 PM
Quote from: Alex- on May 01, 2014, 12:41:26 PM
More people that didn't recieved their clown singles yet? :( I already got my Gay Witch record (which I ordered the same day), and also my NYE poster but no clowns..
Oh God, time to panic.

oh come on, I still haven't received mine and I'm not worried at all, I'm used to wait for at least one month or two.

I just think it's a bit strange that I did recieved the Gay Witch record but not the clowns..

Stonergrunge

My order arrived today!

One question: I know the Bowie single runs at 33 and the Queen is at 45, but I have a doubt about the b-side of the Bowie single, I had the strange feeling that "Breaking Glass" should be played at 45, I know it sounds stupid but anyway...
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Captain CoryCory

So how muich of Station to Station (And while we're at it In Every Dream Home a Heartache) did they manage to squeeze in the vinyl?

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 15, 2014, 01:42:40 PM
My order arrived today!

One question: I know the Bowie single runs at 33 and the Queen is at 45, but I have a doubt about the b-side of the Bowie single, I had the strange feeling that "Breaking Glass" should be played at 45, I know it sounds stupid but anyway...

you should play all 33s at 45 and visa versa ...

used to spin Gluey at 45 ...

and Napalm Death's "Scum" at 16 ...

those were the days.

spunkmonkey



Woulda been kind of neat if they had a different artist do each cover.......

:later: 

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: spunkmonkey on May 15, 2014, 04:45:03 PM
Woulda been kind of neat if they had a different artist do each cover.......

:later:

hahahaha!!!

you should get Uncle Danny to write your lines for ya ...

he'll keep ya outta trouble ... he's that good.

spunkmonkey

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on May 15, 2014, 04:49:06 PM
Quote from: spunkmonkey on May 15, 2014, 04:45:03 PM
Woulda been kind of neat if they had a different artist do each cover.......

:later:

hahahaha!!!

you should get Uncle Danny to write your lines for ya ...

he'll keep ya outta trouble ... he's that good.

hmmmmmm.... that's odd.  I've know Dan for around 30 years, and all he's ever done is get me INTO trouble.  8)