Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series

Started by jules, May 05, 2013, 05:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on May 15, 2014, 04:31:19 PM
So how muich of Station to Station (And while we're at it In Every Dream Home a Heartache) did they manage to squeeze in the vinyl?

A lot, if you compare it to the CD the song starts around 02:12 and ends with a fade out somewhere around 08:00... could be more or less than that, I'm not so sure since I only listened to the A-side of both singles twice.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

buddy holiday

bowie/queen singles combo are available now on shoxop!

Buckwheat

Woo wee woo thank you buddy holiday,
Woo wee woo, and you're Mary Tyler Moore!

deatheats

That's sure nice for those folks round here who missed it the first time around.

the bloat

Does anyone have a decent rip of the Queen cover "Now I'm Here"? I know it's been out for awhile. Love that tune. Would like to hear a clear recording of it.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Idlehanz

Quote from: the bloat on August 28, 2014, 07:59:27 PM
Does anyone have a decent rip of the Queen cover "Now I'm Here"? I know it's been out for awhile. Love that tune. Would like to hear a clear recording of it.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

In the same boat.  I have the records, but my receiver took a shit on me.  Really REALLY love this cover.

On that note, I had no idea they did this live years ago


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3BMRxv6naI

the bloat

Thought I'd give this another bump - since these have been out for awhile (and possibly circulating in an unknown nether-region of the Melvins universe that I don't know about)

... please, suh, Kinks, Queen or Bowie b-sides for the poor?

meezer

Quote from: the bloat on November 18, 2014, 10:08:52 PM
Thought I'd give this another bump - since these have been out for awhile (and possibly circulating in an unknown nether-region of the Melvins universe that I don't know about)

... please, suh, Kinks, Queen or Bowie b-sides for the poor?
The Queen edition was for sale at King Buzzo shows and the Melvins show, last month.
I got the Bowie one in Tucson, in July. Just sayin.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

ZILLA

########################################################################################################

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.



Stonergrunge

Quote from: the bloat on November 18, 2014, 10:08:52 PM
Thought I'd give this another bump - since these have been out for awhile (and possibly circulating in an unknown nether-region of the Melvins universe that I don't know about)

... please, suh, Kinks, Queen or Bowie b-sides for the poor?

Tweak Bird uploaded "Now I'm Here" to their page on tumblr:

https://www.tumblr.com/search/tweak+bird

My brother-in-law has one of those Crosley portable turntables with USB port, this one (in brown):

http://www.crosleyradio.com/ProductDetail?Cat=2&pk=CR6249A&colorID=0

It's pretty but is not good since it doesn't play the records at the right speed so the pitch is a little bit different (and by that I mean faster.... or is it higher? I don't know). I've been trying to edit the songs in order to get the correct pitch but I'm not very sure.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

meezer

Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 19, 2014, 08:40:32 AM

My brother-in-law has one of those Crosley portable turntables with USB port, this one (in brown):

http://www.crosleyradio.com/ProductDetail?Cat=2&pk=CR6249A&colorID=0

It's pretty but is not good since it doesn't play the records at the right speed so the pitch is a little bit different (and by that I mean faster.... or is it higher? I don't know). I've been trying to edit the songs in order to get the correct pitch but I'm not very sure.
I've given up on trying to play 45's on the one i snagged from my mom.
they sound all wonky.  :?
I should try a 78 on there. It's probably the only speed that works with much accuracy.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Bro Hammer

Quote from: meezer on April 25, 2014, 08:33:20 AM
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 25, 2014, 08:16:55 AM
In my opinion Bowie is very difficult to cover.  He was such a part of my universe as a teenager.  Breaking Glass is completely amazing however.  I can't wait to give it a spin at my next party!!  Vive le Rock!
I can't wait to hear Breaking Glass! Station To Station was my favorite track on Sausages (besides Female Troubles). But I have no $$ for all of this vinyl. I'll just have to check it out on YouTube. They had better release this on CD. That's how they get my $$$, since '94! :?

See this is what I don't get. So if you can't afford the vinyl well fuck you then. How hard would it be to put these up on Bandcamp and charge $5 or whatever so people (like me) who can't afford this shit but would really, really like to hear and own the music can still get it and enjoy it.
I get it. The 7" are pieces of art. Hand printed, hand carved and beautiful vinyl but what if I don't give a shit about any of that stuff and just want the music! It's infuriating! :x

rimb

Quote from: Bro Hammer on November 20, 2014, 10:42:18 PM
Quote from: meezer on April 25, 2014, 08:33:20 AM
Quote from: Yanayaya on April 25, 2014, 08:16:55 AM
In my opinion Bowie is very difficult to cover.  He was such a part of my universe as a teenager.  Breaking Glass is completely amazing however.  I can't wait to give it a spin at my next party!!  Vive le Rock!
I can't wait to hear Breaking Glass! Station To Station was my favorite track on Sausages (besides Female Troubles). But I have no $$ for all of this vinyl. I'll just have to check it out on YouTube. They had better release this on CD. That's how they get my $$$, since '94! :?

See this is what I don't get. So if you can't afford the vinyl well fuck you then. How hard would it be to put these up on Bandcamp and charge $5 or whatever so people (like me) who can't afford this shit but would really, really like to hear and own the music can still get it and enjoy it.
I get it. The 7" are pieces of art. Hand printed, hand carved and beautiful vinyl but what if I don't give a shit about any of that stuff and just want the music! It's infuriating! :x

100% agree.

I think it's part of the old school, "collector" attitude of the label and the community that supports them unfortunately.

At least the downloads that look like they're coming with the reissues on Third Man records are a step in the right direction.


Snivlemdotcom