Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series

Started by jules, May 05, 2013, 05:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Peebot

make sure you search or go to the main homepage, 'cause the Throbbing Gristle one isn't showing up in the "Brand Spanking New" shop for some reason.

Bro Hammer

Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 08:37:22 PM
Quote from: Bro Hammer on March 16, 2015, 08:28:33 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:37:39 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:30:07 PM
Quote from: brian on March 16, 2015, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on March 16, 2015, 02:18:17 PM
By the way... there are far more tracks listed on the TG single than the ones mentioned before.

Only the top 3 tracks listed on the back are on the release, the other songs might come out at a later date

Sorry but that makes no sense, why would they include those titles if they're not actually there?
Probably to piss people off to the point of committing heinous acts of violence, I mean they are trying to pay tribute to Throbbing Gristle aren't they?

So what are the tracks that are actually on there. Heathen Earth and what? I feel like I've heard enough covers of Subhuman and Discipline in my life. I'd really like to hear their take on Hamburger Lady or Zyklon B Zombie though!
Subhuman is the A-side and Hamburger Lady is the flexi

Awesome! I can't wait to hear how they do Hamburger Lady.

are codecs

According to tracking, my copies of the Jam and TG tributes will be in the mailbox today!

Question - has anyone ripped the b-sides for these yet? Or know if the guys are going to release digital versions? Missed out on about half, refuse to get reamed by the online flippers.

As cool as these are art-wise, I'd love to have all the extra tunes as a sort of "Sausages Deluxe."

meezer

Quote from: Bro Hammer on November 20, 2014, 10:42:18 PM
See this is what I don't get. So if you can't afford the vinyl well fuck you then. How hard would it be to put these up on Bandcamp and charge $5 or whatever so people (like me) who can't afford this shit but would really, really like to hear and own the music can still get it and enjoy it.
I get it. The 7" are pieces of art. Hand printed, hand carved and beautiful vinyl but what if I don't give a shit about any of that stuff and just want the music! It's infuriating! :x
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 20, 2014, 11:12:33 PM
patience is a virtue.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

(PAUL)

Listened to them this morning, good stuff! The Jam songs sound like they just recorded them all back to back to back, lots of energy. Subhuman sounds like it was recorded in the same session as Heathen Earth, has a very similar tone, but Hamburger Lady sounds completely different, and is probably my favorite of the TG songs I've heard them do.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

ZILLA

My flexi won't fit on my record player and I didn't want to force it and risk tearing it.
########################################################################################################

(PAUL)

Is the hole too small? I hope that doesn't get taken out of context  :lol:
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

johnnyg

Just got my jam and TG. I gotta say, these were a little pricey, but they were really well done. It was so much fun getting these and finding out what the b-side or sides were going to be like w/o any streaming or iTunes before hand. Plus, they were all so good. This must have been like buying 45's at the store in the 70's was like.  Basically going into the music completely blind. The art also really pulled it together.

ZILLA

Quote from: (PAUL) on March 23, 2015, 08:19:31 PM
Is the hole too small? I hope that doesn't get taken out of context  :lol:

the hole is too small, yes. I'd love to get a 10" with all the B-sides collected...
########################################################################################################

Dumpster D

Quote from: ZILLA on March 23, 2015, 08:09:11 PM
My flexi won't fit on my record player and I didn't want to force it and risk tearing it.

Dude, I have tons of flexis that wont fit right, Vinyl should not tear if you force it a bit.

Mylar on the other hand breaks clean.

Bro Hammer

Quote from: meezer on March 23, 2015, 11:10:16 AM
Quote from: Bro Hammer on November 20, 2014, 10:42:18 PM
See this is what I don't get. So if you can't afford the vinyl well fuck you then. How hard would it be to put these up on Bandcamp and charge $5 or whatever so people (like me) who can't afford this shit but would really, really like to hear and own the music can still get it and enjoy it.
I get it. The 7" are pieces of art. Hand printed, hand carved and beautiful vinyl but what if I don't give a shit about any of that stuff and just want the music! It's infuriating! :x
Quote from: Snivlemdotcom on November 20, 2014, 11:12:33 PM
patience is a virtue.

Still impatiently waiting!

Quote from: (PAUL) on March 23, 2015, 06:48:52 PM
but Hamburger Lady sounds completely different, and is probably my favorite of the TG songs I've heard them do.

Can't wait to hear this!

badhatharry

Have 9 and 10 shipped yet? I don't remember them taking this long in the past.

(PAUL)

Quote from: badhatharry on April 08, 2015, 05:25:56 PM
Have 9 and 10 shipped yet? I don't remember them taking this long in the past.

I got mine a while ago now. Hopefully you get them soon!
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

badhatharry

Quote from: (PAUL) on April 08, 2015, 06:42:33 PM
Quote from: badhatharry on April 08, 2015, 05:25:56 PM
Have 9 and 10 shipped yet? I don't remember them taking this long in the past.

I got mine a while ago now. Hopefully you get them soon!

Thanks, just emailed AmRep