Edition of 9 - new Tribute Clown singles series

Started by jules, May 05, 2013, 05:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

meezer

B, I like you. Because you make me look good.  :lol:

That was a joke.

Ritalin. Ready for pickup at the pharmacy.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Bro Ham Burner Account

Alright I just want to clarify some stuff here.
I was in a very bad mood when I posted what I did and I regret saying anything with ill will towards a certain artist that put out these 7 inches. I'll say it again, I'm a broke, divorced father of 2 who is now in my 41st year of life decided to go to school. I have never, ever been in the position to afford any boutique vinyl. As a matter of fact I sold all of my records(because I'm broke) except my Melvins ones mainly because they were gifted to me.(because I couldn't afford them and I have some awesome friends)

I flipped a bitch when I saw another box for those pretty little records because I have yet to hear the b-sides. Yes I was being a whiny self centered bitch and I do regret saying things the way I did because that certain artist is someone I look up to and am very grateful for his hard work and I have a real bad problem with saying things I immediately regret.
Now when some one says "Oh they're just the b-sides and they're really not that great anyway", you wrong and in this case you're really fucking wrong. With this series they brought in other artists to record these cover songs with, with the intention of doing more than just one cover. It's nothing like a situation where they simply didn't make it on to the record, they were recorded to go with the ones on Everybody Loves Sausage. In other words those songs in my opinion are just as important than the ones on ELS. Not simply just b-sides that didn't make the cut. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

It also completely baffles me that someone would say I was bashing the Melvins because I wanted to be able to hear their music. I love the Melvins. They are bar far my favorite band and have been for going on 25 years now. I shouldn't even have to say that but apparently it's not understood. (thank you PepsiMike!)

As far as asking someone to pretty please make me a digital copy of the b-sides from ripping them from vinyl, well I am not a "Shit talking thief" and I hope you know who I just quoted there, Bengerman. And as a matter of fact, for your offer to do so , I respond by saying FUCK YOU. That is theft and while I don't have problem with stealing Van Halens music or some one else just as rich, I will not steal from the bands that work their fucking asses off. So not just the Melvins but many other bands as well. I WANT TO GIVE THEM MY MONEY. They deserve every penny, because they work really fucking hard for it. Yes I see the irony of that but Van Halen doesn't need my dollars as much as Big Business, Tweak Bird, I could go on an on but you get the point...maybe.
Now I suppose Bengerman that you probably didn't read all of this because, well I don't know. You're too cool? Or-
Quote from: Bengerman on December 16, 2015, 12:04:20 PM
Opinions are like assholes...
You're simply an asshole. SO. I will be deleting this account as well as soon as I post this, not because of not getting what I want but because I'm sick of this BBS and I don't want to say things that would be mean and inconsiderate and it's users like you who make that hard. I'm sure I'll lurk as a guest, but for now I'm done. And as far as the Clown b-sides go, I will be getting together with 2 other members of this BBS who are my friends and we're gonna hang out and have a listening party so I can finally hear them. I'm very excited for this! Once a digital version is released I will BUY it. (Thank you (the) flutter nuts!)
Buh bye!

LuckMach3

Has Buzz ever commented on what he thinks about people downloading rare b-sides that you could only get online?  Somehow I doubt he cares that much that people are downloading Sawed Off as opposed to Hold It In.  Or does he really only want about 1,000 people to ever hear it?

I've probably spent over $2,000 on The Melvins over the past ten years and I don't feel the least bit guilty about getting mp3's online for the songs I can't buy.  I'd love to buy a cd compilation of the Clown Series but it doesn't exist so it's either free mp3's or nothing for me.  If you feel really guilty you could always buy an extra copy of the Bulls and the Bees+Electroretard or make a donation to the libertarian party headquarters on Buzz's behalf or some shit.  I don't know.
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on December 19, 2015, 01:29:41 PM
I have to say although i don't do the same, i really quite respect Brohammer's take on supporting your favourite bands. I don't do the download thing and i still buy occasional CD's but most often these days i'll just simply stream songs on YouTube or such. So in some ways it's very admirable that someone still respects and values older principles.
Ian steals his Van Halen. And will tell you to your face.  :D
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Bengerman

Geez!
Asshole idiot here for another installment of "as the Melvins turn". Sorry yr so touchy bro hammer. U gave yr opinion about the clown box and I gave mine. I guess mine came off a little too shitty. Oh well. Basically what I gather is u are a 41 yr old angel who has never done anything wrong in yr life such as listening to music that someone gives u.  Kudos to u. But oh wait a minute, does that mean those Melvins records u got as a gift were stolen? Because essentially i would be giving u a gift by sending u these songs. I paid for it and I'm giving it to u(?) I still can't believe u never made a mix tape! I can't say I respect that because I just think it's dumb. That's how u hear about bands which in turn prompts u to buy their CDs, vinyl, t shirts, and tickets to shows.  I don't think I would have ever gotten in to music if it weren't for hearing it from friends. No one told me u weren't supposed to do that. Man I feel so horrible. All those bands that can't eat because of me listening to a mix tape...
So u don't have any money to spend on records but u would spend it on letterpress CDs. I think what I'm gathering here is u just want what u want the way u want it. And who doesn't? I'm just on the other side of the coin. I like records. I like the Melvins and I like art. So a pretty box to put my records in by my favorite band makes sense to me.
I hope someday u will get your letterpress cd of the clown b sides. I would buy it too. I just hope they do 9 different color variations of the box first.
thank u Melvins and tom hazelmyer for creating such great art and keeping it fresh.

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.



Bengerman

I'm sorry...(I agree this whole conversation is stupid but one more thing.) The Melvins did bring in other artists for this project. They got together with other musicians and recorded a couple versions of songs by different bands. From all those songs they recorded they only put one of each on everybody loves sausages, which was the official release, which left the other song. Is it just me or does that seem like they chose the best ones for the official release and the second best for the b side? 
Also I'm confused as to how u are defending these songs you've never heard. And I think when u hear the Melvins' version of Bowie's "breaking glass" in comparison to "station to station", u will see what I mean. I love both songs. But I think station to station turned out way better.
Also just a reminder bro hammer, be sure you send buzz a check before yr listening party. U don't want to be considered a thief and ruin yr reputation of being the words only perfect music listener.
And in an attempt to change the subject..wouldn't an album of songs with j g thirwell and the Melvins be awesome!! I mean the two things he's done with the Melvins (in my OPINION) have been amazing. (Not trying to start anything with that. Just wondering if anyone agreed...or disagreed...I won't be madatcha.)

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.



meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix



jules

Boxes for the Clowns go on sale on Monday at 1600 Central. That's a time, not an address.



ZILLA

Will be interesting to see how much these cost. My guess is $15.
########################################################################################################

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: ZILLA on January 02, 2016, 08:08:08 PM
Will be interesting to see how much these cost. My guess is $15.

I'm thinking more like $60
I got the shits real bad.



(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.