2013-07-31 House of Vans

Started by ZAPPAJOE, August 01, 2013, 08:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZAPPAJOE

Melvins were great.  Honky was fun.  Baroness . . . . meh . . . not my thing.  I have patience for one opener at most.  Maybe it's due to getting older, maybe it was due to being up since 5:30am.

Wallsby posted on Facebook last week how 2 people had come up to him and said that Coady is ruining the band.  How anyone could say think this is beyond me.  As a matter of fact, about 30 seconds into the set I was wondering how any other drummer could think of showing up to play on the same stage when Dale and Coady are on the bill.

Anyway, Melvins were great.  As usual.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

laughingwlucifer65

i cant believe i missed gibby!!! i was so close to going to that show but the RSVPs were fucking sold out! damn

anyways im glad i saw the show on youtube:p

sounds like a good show

thomas

yes it was a great show...i hated baroness and i think they cut into melvins set...from the setlists i've seen the melvins cut 3 songs that night.....and what was up with the singer of butt hole sufers coming up at the end but not singing....seems like buzz wasnt letting him or something....it was a cool show but i think house of vans needs better sound

black stallion

Quote from: thomas on August 02, 2013, 10:31:14 AM
...i hated baroness

not a surprise

seems like buzz wasnt letting him or something....

hope it's not like you say,i don't think so
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Fureon Nectarmoon

what was up with the singer of butt hole sufers coming up at the end but not singing....seems like buzz wasnt letting him or something....
Looked more like he didn't care much.
He sang... partially. Maybe because all the Melvins sang too, instead of just him.
I'm just judging from the video, I don't know anything.

___-----_____------_____

Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman

John Schuller

Quote from: ZAPPAJOE on August 01, 2013, 08:02:04 AM
Melvins were great.  Honky was fun.  Baroness . . . . meh . . . not my thing.  I have patience for one opener at most.  Maybe it's due to getting older, maybe it was due to being up since 5:30am.

Wallsby posted on Facebook last week how 2 people had come up to him and said that Coady is ruining the band.  How anyone could say think this is beyond me.  As a matter of fact, about 30 seconds into the set I was wondering how any other drummer could think of showing up to play on the same stage when Dale and Coady are on the bill.

Anyway, Melvins were great.  As usual.

I have a drummer friend that thinks the same thing. He is so wrong. What he wants is to just hear Dale - and you can in the Melvins Lite!

ZAPPAJOE

Quotewhat was up with the singer of butt hole sufers coming up at the end but not singing....seems like buzz wasnt letting him or something....

It seemed to me more like he was waiting for an opportunity to jump in, while Buzz seemed to just do the song the same way they play it each night.  Gibby kept looking to Jeff and it seemed like he was saying (guessing here) "when should i sing ?"  Based on what I've read Buzz say about keeping the setlists the same every night and his not liking the set to NOT be planned out, it just seemed to me like he wasn't going to deviate to playing the song they way they always do it . . . and Gibby was just along for the ride.

But hey, what the fuck do I know ???

anaconda

I got the sense that without his effects rack and megaphone that Gibby
couldn't bring it so he half assed it. It didn't help that the mics besides Buzz's
were at a much lower volume. Even Pinkus seemed to be straining at points.

danimal

Gibby was singing w/Buzzo but the mix was bad. I couldn't hear anything at least from where I was standing.

thomas

the set lists i've seen have included lizzy, bloat, and queen but they were not part of this set