MELVINS/Void Manes

Started by glen, January 26, 2014, 01:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

Will this record ever come out? Like EVER?????

Im kinda amazed that all these years have passed and still nothing. The Void Manes guy last year still said it was going to be released but what's the hold up? Surely Ipecac could have put this thing out back in 2019 or such when there wasn't any other Melvins album to push.

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 03, 2021, 12:54:14 PM
Surely Ipecac could have put this thing out back in 2019 or such when there wasn't any other Melvins album to push.

Ipecac might not be interested? Other labels might not be interested? Is there any music to release? A full-length album?

Collaboration albums/projects get announced all the time and a lot fall through before even getting to the point of releasing an album.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Did Void Manes have anything to do with the Love/Death album? Or the TG clown single? Perhaps?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

))))((((

Quote from: Bigval on March 03, 2021, 06:07:29 PM
Ipecac might not be interested? Other labels might not be interested? Is there any music to release? A full-length album?
Possibly, but then Ipecac do put out all manner of off the wall stuff. As for what it is exactly, i don't think any information was ever given out.

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 03, 2021, 09:08:51 PM
Did Void Manes have anything to do with the Love/Death album? Or the TG clown single? Perhaps?
I don't think he was involved with Love but yes he was listed on the Throbbing Gristle clown single. I did ask him on his FB a year or so ago if the collaboration record was still coming out. He replied "yes" so one does wonder what is going on. Im not really a fan of the Love record, but im still just eager to hear what this Void Manes thing is or would be like.

Colonel Cheese

I'm looking forward to the Helms Alee split.

))))((((

People, after years of rumors IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!! The band wrote this on FB:

"As part of tonight's Black & Blue Friday streaming special, we're premiering a song from the Melvins vs @voidmanes Throbbing Gristle project. We'll have more on that in the future. See it plus more exclusives, including our Irving Plaza performance starting TONIGHT at Melvins.veeps.com"

Stonergrunge

Hey guys, where the fuck are you? The chat room at Veeps is not very crowded  :lol:
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Oh man, the first thing I do for those livestream things is shut off the chat feature - never saw the use in them.
=;
Loved the show though - great camera work and B+W film noir style!
Nice contrast to the swirling colorama psychedelic overload of the Melvins TV streams (don't get me wrong, those were cool too, but I dug the straightforward streamlined manner in which the Irving Plaza show was done).

• • • •

Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 25, 2022, 07:36:08 PM
Hey guys, where the fuck are you? The chat room at Veeps is not very crowded  :lol:

))))((((

I can't wait to find out more about this Void Manes material. I've seen the Void Manes dude refer to it as the "TG Sessions" before so i guess all the material is Throbbing Gristle covers in some form or another. That will be intriguing - an whole cover album dedicated to one band! I'm not overly well versed with Throbbing Gristle so i've not entirely sure what to expect.

I'd love to know why it has taken so long to be released. I mean it was 2014 when we first heard the rumours!!! I wonder if all this got recorded at the same time as the Throbbing Gristle covers on the Everybody Loves Sausages 7" vinyl. Could it just be Buzz and Dale with Void Manes or shall we get a bassist on there! I doubt it will be Steven unless he recorded something for it in recent years.

Ultimately i hope this ends up being a proper album and not something odd like Melvins sometimes do. Lets not see it just be a digital only, releasing one track at a time or such! Anyway from the post last night, it seems we may not have very long to wait at all until further info heads our way.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: 01001010 on November 26, 2022, 09:34:38 AM
Oh man, the first thing I do for those livestream things is shut off the chat feature - never saw the use in them.
=;
Loved the show though - great camera work and B+W film noir style!
Nice contrast to the swirling colorama psychedelic overload of the Melvins TV streams (don't get me wrong, those were cool too, but I dug the straightforward streamlined manner in which the Irving Plaza show was done).

• • • •

Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 25, 2022, 07:36:08 PM

I only kept the chat on before and after the show. By the way, is it just me or was Steven's bass barely audible during most of the show? I could only hear the higher notes properly.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Mount Ambulance

really hope this is the cover

because it's awesome!
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

the bloat

QuoteThat will be intriguing - an whole cover album dedicated to one band!

I bet it will be an AmRep 10"

black stallion

according to a story by the void manes guy should be an LP
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

vince furnier

"What's the obvious and predictable move for an insanely influential band like the Melvin's to do on their 40th anniversary? An homage LP to another insanely influential band Throbbing Gristle of course!
THROBBING JAZZ GRISTLE FUNK HITS!
A hybrid of covers and inspired jams, joined by their good friend Void Manes and produced by Toshi Kasai, this project will likely for the first time challenge longtime Melvins fans, because the band isn't known for doing that...ever.
Expect Industrial accidents, broken machines, modular synths, circuit-bent toys inspired by the dawning of the industrial music genre kicked off in no small part by Throbbing Gristle. The first all-electronic Melvins LP!?!
Check out the video for "Discipline 23" by Jesse Nieminen."

https://youtu.be/qfS8HiK3gcs

https://www.facebook.com/melvinsarmy/posts/pfbid0Ly8JuhqFNxbGD2S2FFwVjG51B4vZcFHqxTyDp6NBQ5q1SfYLYPCVMVeoReQgb2Erl
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian