King Buzzo - This Machine Kills Artists

Started by (the) flutter nuts, April 07, 2014, 02:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Pants

i usually really hate digipaks, but this is some quality packaging right here. I was shocked that the actual CD was inside of a sleeve. very nicely done.

better be! if I remember correctly, this cd is more expensive than the last 3 Melvins releases. :buzz:
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

meezer

Quote from: Stonergrunge on June 04, 2014, 12:27:51 AM
Quote from: meezer on June 03, 2014, 11:27:55 PM
Quote from: (the) Razor on June 03, 2014, 05:22:35 PM
Amazon shipped my disc this morning.

Now the wait.  :excited:
Move Here! Got mine today! And it's only 110 degrees, Fahrenheit!  \:D/

Post pictures of the CD, please!
these will have to get you by, until someone with a better camera comes along....

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Androol

Are the complete lyrics posted anywhere yet?

I tried but I'm awful with lyrics and gave up at the second line of the first song.

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: meezer on June 04, 2014, 07:44:45 AM

these will have to get you by, until someone with a better camera comes along....

Cardboard digi with inserts?
I got the shits real bad.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: meezer on June 04, 2014, 07:44:45 AM

ah, come on, are you kidding? those are very good photos and the artwork looks awesome, although I'm not very fond of the digipak packaging.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

black stallion

Quote from: )))((( on June 04, 2014, 04:53:41 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on June 04, 2014, 04:45:32 PM
although I'm not very fond of the digipak packaging.
Doesn't make much difference to me - all packaging ends up in the same place. Actually from that point of view i prefer digipacks. 100% recyclable unlike the plastic jewel cases that tend to be the norm.

are you saying you're going to throw away the digipack too?  8-[
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Stonergrunge

At least standard jewel cases can be replaced if they are broken, scratched or stained... you can't do that with a digipak.
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Buckwheat

Quote from: )))((( on June 04, 2014, 05:02:54 PM
Quote from: black stallion on June 04, 2014, 04:59:43 PM
Doesn't make much difference to me - all packaging ends up in the same place. Actually from that point of view i prefer digipacks. 100% recyclable unlike the plastic jewel cases that tend to be the norm.

I have to be careful what i say here. There are guests reading this board that could faint!

You guessed it, the answer is YES i will. I always listen to a CD once to make sure it plays okay in case i have to return it and then once fine bam the packaging goes.
You should sell the digipac on ebay.  Somebody will pay filthy lucre for it!

Stonergrunge

The only kind of digipak I like is the one that includes the plastic tray, and obviously with a button on the centre of it instead of the typical circular hub of teeth. I hate the very idea of a CD inside a sleeve. Sleeves are for vinyls, not CDs.
Fuzz is love.

johnnyg

Quote from: )))((( on June 04, 2014, 05:02:54 PM
Quote from: black stallion on June 04, 2014, 04:59:43 PM

I have to be careful what i say here. There are guests reading this board that could faint!

You guessed it, the answer is YES i will. I always listen to a CD once to make sure it plays okay in case i have to return it and then once fine bam the packaging goes.

I knew a guy named Brian who I used to work with that did the exact same thing. You're... you're not Brian are you?

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: Hot Pants on June 04, 2014, 05:50:25 AM
i usually really hate digipaks, but this is some quality packaging right here. I was shocked that the actual CD was inside of a sleeve. very nicely done.

better be! if I remember correctly, this cd is more expensive than the last 3 Melvins releases. :buzz:

Not really, about the same. I paid $12.95 pre-ordered at Best Buy. Now it's down to $11.99. Amazon is at that too, and at least they do price guarantee, where you pay whatever the price is on release date.
I was surprised at the digipak too. The only Melvins digipak is Honky. I keep all my digipaks in the house for storage. If the CD goes in the truck, I throw it in a plain plastic case.
Loving this on first listen. I'm glad it's just Buzz's voice with pure acoustic, and no effects. Best acoustic album by a rocker since Wino's "Adrift", and even that's not a true acoustic-only album.
It'll be fun to drum along to this album, like playing to demos. :D

Buckwheat

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 04, 2014, 06:30:11 PM
Quote from: Hot Pants on June 04, 2014, 05:50:25 AM

Not really, about the same. I paid $12.95 pre-ordered at Best Buy. Now it's down to $11.99. Amazon is at that too, and at least they do price guarantee, where you pay whatever the price is on release date.
I was surprised at the digipak too. The only Melvins digipak is Honky. I keep all my digipaks in the house for storage. If the CD goes in the truck, I throw it in a plain plastic case.
Loving this on first listen. I'm glad it's just Buzz's voice with pure acoustic, and no effects. Best acoustic album by a rocker since Wino's "Adrift", and even that's not a true acoustic-only album.
It'll be fun to drum along to this album, like playing to demos. :D
That's a great idea.  People should record themselves drumming along, and upload it.  It's like when Steven McDonald added bass to the white stripes album.

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: Buckwheat on June 04, 2014, 06:34:13 PM
It's like when Steven McDonald added bass to the white stripes album.

to this day McDonald's "Redd Blood Cells" version of that album is the only version I've ever heard.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

meezer

ah, come on, are you kidding? those are very good photos and the artwork looks awesome, although I'm not very fond of the digipak packaging.
very good photos? Really? Sorry about the ugly towel. Yuck! #-o
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on June 04, 2014, 03:57:56 PM

Cardboard digi with inserts?
Yes. The whole thing goes together, quite nicely. A sleeve for the disc ( crying baby/ skull & bones), a booklet with no lyrics (he thanked Dale, which is reassuring). The sleeve makes all the difference. I have to keep all of my discs from Neil Young and the newer stuff from the Cult in CDR cases. I hate that!  :x
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Fureon Nectarmoon

Digipaks are awesome, what are you talking about? :shock:
Personally I find the jewel cases simply boring :?
And wow, this packaging is really cool.

Also, does ? refer to The Hesitation Twist or is that a bonus track or something?