[request] Kevins last show with The Melvins

Started by Uncle Fester, July 19, 2015, 02:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Uncle Fester

anyone have a link or a download available? pritty plisssss  :D

Rusty Shackleford

At the time, I felt that the show I saw on the 2004 tour had some interestingly heavy vibes.  Kevin seemed weirder than usual, and I remember Buzz seeming angry.  Of course I could have been wrong and he was as happy as a pig in mud, but after Kevin left it didn't feel like a coincidence.  They played a brutally slow version of The Fool, which still kills me when I watch a show from that tour, and the Porte songs compressed time and space.  The end of one the greatest trios to have walked the earth. 

GrimReaper

October 03, 2004

Shit happened, guys got arrested, Melvins said they're never playing New Orleans again, it was a fucking mess oh God.


http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=1954.0

crushr24

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money
trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
There's also a negative side."

― Hunter S. Thompson

meezer

Quote from: crushr24 on July 19, 2015, 09:51:10 AM
Kevin was amazing.....

....last weekend, when he played with two bands at Bash 15!
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Rusty Shackleford

Lawrence, KS Sep. 4, 04 I recieved on dvd, straight from Brazil ten years ago.  Thanks again Beto!  Any other footage of that tour out there? 


DC's next band name - FOOTAGE

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Bro Hammer

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on July 19, 2015, 06:08:29 AM
At the time, I felt that the show I saw on the 2004 tour had some interestingly heavy vibes.  Kevin seemed weirder than usual, and I remember Buzz seeming angry.  Of course I could have been wrong and he was as happy as a pig in mud, but after Kevin left it didn't feel like a coincidence.  They played a brutally slow version of The Fool, which still kills me when I watch a show from that tour, and the Porte songs compressed time and space.  The end of one the greatest trios to have walked the earth.

This was the one and only tour I've missed since Houdini. They kicked Kevin out before they made it to where I lived. I was so fucking bummed because I was heavy into POTRE and wanted so bad to see them play that stuff live. Granted I have now but not with Kevin.  :(

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 19, 2015, 06:16:15 AM
I don't think Kevin has had a "last" show with the band yet. I think he will return in some form at some point!


Buzz, Dale, Kevin = best ever Melvins line-up

I agree with every word in this post.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Glen 'The Psychic' knew something was 'going on' with Kevin right before he left the band.  I was amazed.

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Rusty Shackleford

I had tickets for that New Orleans show, the day after I saw them in Memphis, but had to cancel because of family emergency.  I would've told that family member to SHOVE IT and walk it off if I had known that would be the last performance. 

Sludgebaby

Is that a "ring for service" type bell taped to Kevin's bass??
My favorite thing about Melvins is the goofy personality | These guys suck and Buzz is a pretentious hipster dork | This sounds nothing like Metallica. | Dales Dad was a drum, its in his blood. | King Buzzo's hair probably holds a lotta secrets | what the fuck is a stee? | Melvins as a way of life

Mints

Quote from: meezer on July 19, 2015, 03:08:12 PM
Beto!  :o

Meezer, I wasn't going to say anything but curiosity got hold of me. Beto was long gone before you joined the board. What is it that excites you about seeing a reference to his name? Along with posting almost everything this board offers, have you also gone back and read everything?

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Mints on July 21, 2015, 10:01:21 PM
Quote from: meezer on July 19, 2015, 03:08:12 PM
Beto!  :o

Meezer, I wasn't going to say anything but curiosity got hold of me. Beto was long gone before you joined the board. What is it that excites you about seeing a reference to his name?
I wondered this as well.
As far as reading everything, I think he has.  :lol:
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

JUDY

Quote from: Mints on July 21, 2015, 10:01:21 PM
Quote from: meezer on July 19, 2015, 03:08:12 PM
Beto!  :o

Meezer, I wasn't going to say anything but curiosity got hold of me. Beto was long gone before you joined the board. What is it that excites you about seeing a reference to his name? Along with posting almost everything this board offers, have you also gone back and read everything?



I'll just leave this here  :anonymous:





Quote
I don't think Kevin has had a "last" show with the band yet. I think he will return in some form at some point!


Buzz, Dale, Kevin = best ever Melvins line-up
Quote
I agree with every word in this post.

:cheers:


Uncle Fester

 
Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on July 19, 2015, 11:21:45 PM
I had tickets for that New Orleans show, the day after I saw them in Memphis, but had to cancel because of family emergency.  I would've told that family member to SHOVE IT and walk it off if I had known that would be the last performance.


:lol: :lol: :lol: