Author Topic: Rebel Girl Lathe-Cut 7"  (Read 13777 times)

Offline backstard

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
Re: Rebel Girl Lathe-Cut 7"
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2015, 08:03:18 AM »
the sense of entitlement in this thread blows me away.

These kinds of limited edition vinyl things wouldn't exist if most people didn't steal music. I doubt Joyful Noise could afford to do these things without the subscription model. No one is trying to screw anyone over.

I'm just happy that the Melvins can continue to keep recording and playing live. I can't imagine trying to make a living from music these days.

Offline meezer

• Onion Ringoes
  • Looking for vocalists
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2015, 08:09:01 AM »
I'm just relieved to see that there's something in the world of music distribution that has pinky pissed off.  :D
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Offline bUTTHOLEmAN

• Global Moderator
  • Onion Ringoes
  • Hang Ten Brah
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2015, 09:04:09 AM »
Did people that paid the $5 to Joyful Noise still get to download the digital version?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Offline buddy holiday

• Has a copy of the vinney/buzzo interview
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2015, 10:14:09 AM »
Did people that paid the $5 to Joyful Noise still get to download the digital version?
yes, you are then able to buy the digital download. after download you cancel your VIP, so you won't get charged for the next month VIP fee.
you repeat this for the next JNR VIP release that is of interest for you.
the idea from JFN is not bad... for the customer it is a bit special though...

Offline bUTTHOLEmAN

• Global Moderator
  • Onion Ringoes
  • Hang Ten Brah
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2015, 10:15:33 AM »
yes, you are then able to buy the digital download. after download you cancel your VIP, so you won't get charged for the next month VIP fee.
Thanks.  So far I haven't gotten anything, and can't access the download page, and I haven't heard anything from Joyful Noise yet.  I'll email them again tonight.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Offline buddy holiday

• Has a copy of the vinney/buzzo interview
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 10:18:20 AM »
Thanks.  So far I haven't gotten anything, and can't access the download page, and I haven't heard anything from Joyful Noise yet.  I'll email them again tonight.
paying the $5 only gives you access to all VIP releases (digital, or physical if one is fast enough).
you should now be able to purchase the digital version of the song though.

John Schuller

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2015, 11:02:18 AM »
the sense of entitlement in this thread blows me away.

These kinds of limited edition vinyl things wouldn't exist if most people didn't steal music. I doubt Joyful Noise could afford to do these things without the subscription model. No one is trying to screw anyone over.

I'm just happy that the Melvins can continue to keep recording and playing live. I can't imagine trying to make a living from music these days.

I for one, love that the digital music revolution resulted in music becoming essentially free (either from torrents or streaming sites) and the result being Limited Edition Vinyl releases. It put the ART back into music. That seriously needed to happen. Vinyl sales are growing year over year now - which rules. Making a living from music these days takes the following: Grit, Talent and Vision. The Melvins have all three. This is why they did not go the route many artists have gone where they spend their energy crying about people downloading their weak ass albums for free.

The Melvins tour more than they ever did back in the days of Compact Discs.
The Melvins release more albums, EPs and singles than they ever did back in the days of Compact Discs.
The Melvins have more lineups happening at the same time than they ever did back in the days of Compact Discs.
The Melvins have much more merch for sale at shows than they ever did back in the days of Compact Discs.

I would say, Melvins win and we win.

And I stand by my statement that most of the music released in the VIP club from Joyful Noise is BULLSHIT HIPSTER GARBAGE that would not be heard if it wasn't associated with the Melvins through Joyful noise.

Online rimb

• shit talking thieves
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2015, 05:06:05 PM »

It is utterly ridiculous that you need to pay a joining fee just for the privilege of then paying again for a digital download of a single song.

There's nothing "special" about that.

DAYSTAR

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2015, 05:18:07 PM »
It is utterly ridiculous that you need to pay a joining fee just for the privilege of then paying again for a digital download of a single song.

There's nothing "special" about that.

I'm not too keen on the whole vip thing but everything JN releases is available for free download to subscribers including rebel girl.

Offline Chomas

• 1 ton of Mayo
  • SOURDIESEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2015, 08:15:04 PM »
anyone receive this yet?

Online Budspawn

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2015, 11:48:50 PM »
I also am still waiting for the delivery to Switzerland.

Offline the crybaby

• knows moss
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rockishell.com
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2015, 11:51:01 PM »
anyone receive this yet?

they are still cutting the them...

Offline ZILLA

• descendant of shirley temple
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2015, 11:59:39 PM »
anyone receive this yet?

they are still cutting the them...

One at a time, in real time...
########################################################################################################

Offline (the) flutter nuts

• watches fox red eye
  • We're in the middle of a shitstorm here Randy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2015, 03:56:25 PM »
just got shipping confirmation
I got the shits real bad.

Offline jules

• Onion Ringoes
  • A bad mouth betrays a bad mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2015, 08:25:37 AM »
just got shipping confirmation
You have no idea how refreshing it is to know you were successful in getting this! PLEASE erect a small cage around your mail box so we don't have to read about how it was delivered on time but fell out of the box into a puddle of fizzy raccoon piss, melting the flexi, disintegrating the packaging and causing you to follow through.
'Anything doused in any kind of curry is great'  -  spunkmonkey

'Life is silly. The appropriate response is laughter' - amazonAMAZON