Sept 28- vienna

Started by drumfreak:), September 28, 2015, 01:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drumfreak:)

Melvins havent played yet
But if I ever say something bad about big biz again I'll buy anyone who wants to a plane ticket so that he can come and punch me

GOD THIS GUYS ARE SO GREAT
EVEN DALE PLAYS NOT AS HARD AS CODY
OH MY GOD
FUCK THIS IS SO GOOD
Has two bands with ridicolous names.

Ok hands down
Best fucking concert ever
My ears are shattered
At the stake
OH MY GOD AT THE STAKE

Yeah! I'm pretty interested in that too. Until now, I just imitated dale with playing their albums and watching dozens of youtube clips (i wont count the concert two and a half years ago,.not because it didnt impress me but because i wasnt that close to them at that time) but now I've seen them both close up and could watch some things they pull off :)
I think I'll be setting up my drums differently tomorrow and start with using more tom driven grooves. Coady played a shitload of them with Big Biz today. And I will work more on my technique.
I have some stuff to do!! :)

It'll be interesting if seeing Buzz playing will have some impact on my guitar playing, too...

Thank you!:)
It's great to have someone saying that those videos are good and not always being bashed because they are 'without any dynamics' etc. That really builds me up :)

In terms of expanding, there's a lot of stuff I'd like to do/already do. For example, were playing the wiz at school and I get to play the wiz. I really love this role, because of the songs I get to sing. A mixture between completely "overdriven" songs but also some very beautiful moments.
What's more, I'm trying to get people together for a kinda "no guitar band". Like one drummer and one or two bassists. I've already started writing songs for this :)
I have three other bands too but none of them is regularly practicing or playing (which is kinda sad)
If you want to, I'll keep you up to date if I put something out or so :)

meezer

Glad you enjoyed the show, drumfreak. Remember to quote Ian, or you look crazy when he deletes his posts.  :facepalm:

I'll save them for you.
Quote from: ))))(((( on September 28, 2015, 03:30:28 PM
I'll be really interested to hear how watching the band (and in particular Dale & Coady) will impact upon your own playing. I think that must have been quite a tutorial for you in that respect. Observing and experiencing practitioners you admire and may wish to emulate firsthand.
Quote from: ))))(((( on September 28, 2015, 04:04:19 PM
Quote from: drumfreak:) on September 28, 2015, 04:00:13 PM
I have some stuff to do!!
There's no better response than that right there. Feeling inspired and eager to learn more. I've enjoyed the videos you have uploaded over on Youtube so far and i look forward to seeing how and where you take things as you progress and get older. Expanding and growing outward. The enthusiasm in your posts makes me smile and i like that a great deal and im sure im not alone on there.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on September 28, 2015, 04:32:34 PM
Quote from: meezer on September 28, 2015, 04:31:32 PM
Remember to quote Ian, or you look crazy when he deletes his posts.
When he potentially deletes them.
You will. Way to crush this enthusiastic young man's dreams!  [-X
Quote from: ))))(((( on September 28, 2015, 04:25:13 PM
Yes that would be good. Just a link perhaps to something at some point. I'd definitely check things out. I can't believe that anyone would seriously bash your playing. I can only assume they don't know better. But i guess there is still something you could effectively learn there from their criticism. Still, from what i've seen you're already pretty skilled (remarkably so for just 17!) so i'd be interested in seeing/hearing more. The fact you listed Shellac on your profile a little while back on here gives me the impression you're looking towards (and learning from) the best. Good luck with the multitude of bands and i hope you remember this Melvins gig for years to come!
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

seargentPepper

saw them now for the fourth time in vienna and this set just blew me away  :shock: my ears are still ringing!
big biz could've played a little longer though...
"my father, no. he's very strong, but with the rabbit he is afraid."

black stallion

Quote from: drumfreak:) on September 28, 2015, 01:43:00 PM
Melvins havent played yet
But if I ever say something bad about big biz again I'll buy anyone who wants to a plane ticket so that he can come and punch me

GOD THIS GUYS ARE SO GREAT
EVEN DALE PLAYS NOT AS HARD AS CODY
OH MY GOD
FUCK THIS IS SO GOOD

although i disagree about Coady hitting harder than Dale ( :)), i can see your point there. these guys are just brilliant!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards