Author Topic: Melvins 2016 Tour dates  (Read 88120 times)

Offline JUDY

• Global Moderator
  • louisville lip service
    • View Profile
Re: Melvins 2016 dates
« Reply #345 on: May 29, 2016, 07:53:51 PM »
the grand rapids show is the ONLY show on this tour that is currently sold out.     not LA,  not seattle, not san fransisco, not NOWHERE but GR.   worship us mortal MELVINS fans.  our love is absolute.     reject your partial and noncommittal ways.

That's nutso! I'm sorry, glen :(

Bring your Shelter ticket maybe they'll accept that and just let you in :)
I think we should put it in a jar labeled 'melvins'

Offline Dumpster D

• Onion Ringoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 30, 2016, 02:13:27 AM »
Dude I know that feel bro.  Just show up with what you got..someone will put you on the guest list or something! Just GO bro!!!

Offline heartandsorry

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 30, 2016, 05:36:22 AM »
does anyone have any info regarding the opening act for the upcoming euro tour? cheers.

Captain CoryCory

« Reply #348 on: May 30, 2016, 10:40:08 AM »
Just seen on FB that the entirety of Temples Festival got cancelled so that's one date out.

Offline Spiritof58

• former bassist
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 30, 2016, 12:07:56 PM »
Just seen on FB that the entirety of Temples Festival got cancelled so that's one date out.

This is a huge shame, great festival with great atmos.

Seems like the promoter was burying his head in the sand with regards to finance.Doesnt look like he did a very good job with the calculator.

Already £70,000 in debt from the first two Temples festivals, which sold out.Why he thought that this year would reduce that debt I don't know.

Shame as he seemed to have good intentions when he started the festival.Though I do remember him boasting on Facebook that he told a company,who had the temerity to ask if he wanted sponsorship,where to go as he wanted the festival to be 100% DIY and independent.

I live locally so not a big deal for me but there are a lot of pissed off people who have booked flights accommodation,etc.

Hopefully the Melvins will still play somewhere in Bristol on the Saturday.

Offline Spiritof58

• former bassist
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 30, 2016, 12:25:22 PM »
The promoter even went as far as posting set times on the website/Facebook page on Friday, despite knowing that it was unlikely to go ahead

Captain CoryCory

« Reply #351 on: May 30, 2016, 12:49:54 PM »
Sounds like a case of "too big, too much, too soon". I seen Stephen O'Malley called the dude out on Twitter the previous night.

Offline bigfil38

• chicken to ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 30, 2016, 04:15:11 PM »
the grand rapids show is the ONLY show on this tour that is currently sold out.     not LA,  not seattle, not san fransisco, not NOWHERE but GR.   worship us mortal MELVINS fans.  our love is absolute.     reject your partial and noncommittal ways.
I BOUGHT 418 TICKETS FOR THE GR SHOW. LOOKS LIKE ITS JUST GLEN, GLENS WIFE, AND BIGFIL38 FOR THE SHOW. IT'LL BE SO INTIMATE.

Offline the ether bunny

• Handler
  • Quiet intensity, noisy calm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 30, 2016, 05:03:51 PM »

Dammit Glen, you got my hopes up that there was a San Francisco stop on this go around!
he was a mongoloid.

BERZERKER

« Reply #354 on: May 31, 2016, 01:19:21 AM »
Damn, I get 1 hour less in wonderful Copenhagen, at amongst other stuff the merry go rounds and roller coasters at Tivoli, before me and wifey must take the first train to Malmø Sweden, to watch the mightyest band on earth. Originally the doors opened 2030, with concert start 2130, now it`s 1930 and concert start 2030. I hope that this will mean a lot of encores, but I fear the earlier start is so that the mighty band has to move on to the next destination the same night:

But look at the interest in Sweden vs Norway. Blå in Oslo sold out in 2 hours, 430 tickets vanished, in Malmø the show isn`t sold out yet!

PS! I can`t wait to take this one:  :P

https://youtu.be/A4baGQg_0Fw

Offline FartLips

• Onion Ringoes
  • Lollars
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 31, 2016, 08:48:13 AM »
"Lots of encores"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mount ambulance  "... tho it's hard to compete when my eyes keep getting distracted by Grim's juicy ass!"

Offline meezer

• Onion Ringoes
  • Looking for vocalists
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #356 on: May 31, 2016, 09:14:19 AM »
Yeah. Wtf?  :lol:

Melvins never encore. certainly not these days. two sets maybe, but never an encore.

encore is gay
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Offline buddy holiday

• Has a copy of the vinney/buzzo interview
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 31, 2016, 09:17:30 AM »
Yeah. Wtf?  :lol:

Melvins never encore. certainly not these days. two sets maybe, but never an encore.

encore is gay
the 2-sets thing also crossed my mind... it is a relatively short Euro tour with no opener announced so far. i really hope they have some kind of surprise and not "just" 70-80min show...
anyway i am stoked to see this line-up with steven on bass!

Offline FartLips

• Onion Ringoes
  • Lollars
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 31, 2016, 11:08:34 AM »
Encores go against everything they've said.
mount ambulance  "... tho it's hard to compete when my eyes keep getting distracted by Grim's juicy ass!"

Offline jimbo666

• former bassist
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 01, 2016, 04:21:15 AM »
Temples replacement gig just announced for Thurs 23rd June @ Exchange, Bristol.