Mike and The Melvins - Three Men and a Baby to be released.

Started by tinnitus photo, January 26, 2016, 09:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Schuller

I dig this new album. Good songs, good riffs - better than a kick in the dick!

Tobias

I just got it in the mail thru the SubPop preorder. It's beautiful. The cassette and vinyl. Orange cassette. The lp cover is a different color than the cd version. Pink background with a sky blue bear and poodle. Plus it came with two stickers
Have you ever only eaten what's alive?

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 28, 2016, 06:53:04 AM
Quote from: spliff(TONE) on March 27, 2016, 05:39:52 PM
Quote from: 119 on March 26, 2016, 02:50:36 PM
This is literally the best album they have put out in years. Much better than their last one.
I strongly disagree and would go as far as saying every album they've released in the last decade outside of Chicken Switch is superior to it.
has the most annoying chorus' any Melvins song has ever had!

:lol:  i can see what you mean
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

drumfreak:)

wow, I never thought that I would say this since I was so FUCKING STOKED for this collab but DAMN.
I am disappointed. Really disappointed.
Now, a big part of my disappointment with this album may come because of my really high expectations. I thought, "Oh my god!! Yes!! This is going to be noise rock at its finest with Kunka and Buzz!" But boy, was I wrong. Dont get me wrong, I think that Buzz shows his creativity once more, but sadly in only two songs, that being Chicken n Dump and Bummer Conversation. Otherwise, this album is just boring.
For example, take Annalisa. This song has by far the most annoying chorus I´ve heard in a very long time and it just doesnt have a climax. It´s beating around the bush for roughly 3 and half minutes. In general, beating around the bush seems to be overall theme for this record.
Read the label is another good example for this. It´s, at least in my opinion, just a boring song with nothing to show.
A friend in need is a friend you dont need is (purposely??) the worst "song" on this record and it´s successors dont really improve my overall impression on this record.
The last thing I´m going to rant about is the mix. ITS SO DAMN LACKLUSTER.
How the hell can you make an album with noise rock gods all over it sound like "At Action Park" with a completely flat EQ? Just listen to the drums and how boring they sound. Then listen to the drums on The Maggot (or the other two triology albums). They have life in them. They are dynamic.

I think this going to piss off quite a lot of people...

Conclusion:

I think I´d have wanted more Kunka and less Osborne on this record. Or just better songwriting. Both Kunka and Buzz were able to write hella good songs in this time. Just listen to the Enemymine records or to the triology.

Damn, what a bummer.
Has two bands with ridicolous names.

(the) Razor

Interesting post. Havent heard it myself yet, but maybe there is a reason it never saw the light of day for 17 years before whatever happened to convince them it could be finished.
Don't click this

DeeSonyaChin

I think Gravel is great song.  Got that Kevvo Swagger to it.  I love the way the bass (Kunka i think) in the background sounds, like a power saw buzz,  almost as if its not even tuned right.

Hot Pants

oh good, nice big crease on my outer sleeve and on the gatefold itself. that's always fun...
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

DeeSonyaChin

I dig it. There are a few filler tracks, but definitely not a disappointing release. 

ZILLA

########################################################################################################

DeeSonyaChin

Quote from: ZILLA on March 29, 2016, 09:43:20 PM
Loser edition is sold out now.

Just Got mine in the mail, looks awesome!  No damage!

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: DeeSonyaChin on March 30, 2016, 03:58:15 PM
Quote from: ZILLA on March 29, 2016, 09:43:20 PM
Loser edition is sold out now.

Just Got mine in the mail, looks awesome!  No damage!

Same here. Gonna throw it on soon. To top off the day my King Crimson Toronto 11/20/15 set also arrived today. :D

ZILLA

Looks great with the pink background and die cuts. Is the regular edition pink? I would have bought 2 if I had known it was so awesome looking.
########################################################################################################

Idlehanz

Quote from: ZILLA on March 30, 2016, 07:08:51 PM
Looks great with the pink background and die cuts. Is the regular edition pink? I would have bought 2 if I had known it was so awesome looking.

Regular edition is on the right.

DeeSonyaChin

Quote from: ZILLA on March 30, 2016, 07:08:51 PM

same here