Next album project

Started by ))))((((, June 05, 2016, 07:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

''we have a whole other album that's done, but it's a project that we can't even talk about yet. Hopefully it will come out by the end of the year.'' - Buzz

I really hope this is (what im referring to as) Melvins XL. Buzz said more than a year ago about an idea to have a version of the band with Jared, Coady and Trevor all playing bass together - one big Melvins line-up. There was a photo posted on here of them all together too. Jeff Pinkus was in attendance also. Could that be the next project?? Buzz, Dale, Jared, Coady, Trevor and Jeff on every song!!! I really hope so!

Outside of that other ideas that floated around or were rumours as i recall were...

-another Lustmord collaboration.
-a collaboration with Void Manes.
-more Melvins Lite since the band said they had recorded 50 songs with Trevor and that they would come out at some point.
-a potential album featuring ONLY Buzz and Dale. Like that gig they played with Dale on that little cocktail drum kit.
-maybe a record with Steven McDonald.

What would you like or expect to see?

GrimReaper

I'd like to see them do an album with the remaining members of America. Get Buzz and Jarred in there on some good harmonies. Maybe do a few covers. Ventura Highway would be cool.

(the) flutter nuts

I'd really like another Melvins Lite album
I got the shits real bad.

(the) flutter nuts

i was also really hoping for a 7" with Melvins doing "Moving to Florida" and "Graveyard" by Butthole Surfers.

Captain CoryCory

Another Melvins 1983 album ;)

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on June 05, 2016, 08:25:00 AM
i was also really hoping for a 7" with Melvins doing "Moving to Florida" and "Graveyard" by Butthole Surfers.
That's a good idea, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

))))((((

Im not a fan of 'Moving To Florida' but yes i've always wanted 'Graveyard' to get the studio treatment. Especially after that live video performance outdoors they did. Wish they had included that song on Hold It In. As for other covers, the same goes for Devo's 'Mr DNA' that the band played on tour with Jared and Coady around '09. That would make an excellent addition to an album. Funny how the band are recording a lot of older "traditional" cover songs lately. You know - Ballgame, Shaving Cream, Tie A Pecker, PGX3, You're In The Army Now etc.

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 05, 2016, 09:22:18 AM
Im not a fan of 'Moving To Florida' but yes i've always wanted 'Graveyard' to get the studio treatment. Especially after that live video performance outdoors they did. Wish they had included that song on Hold It In. As for other covers, the same goes for Devo's 'Mr DNA' that the band played on tour with Jared and Coady around '09. That would make an excellent addition to an album. Funny how the band are recording a lot of older "traditional" cover songs lately. You know - Ballgame, Shaving Cream, Tie A Pecker, PGX3, You're In The Army Now etc.
Remember, they said they do that because these songs are public domain. No legal hassles for covering them. No royalties to pay.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

I never remember the band saying that! Although it does make sense. Personally i'd much prefer Osborne originals to covers though.

crushr24

Anything, as long as it's not Jeff Pinkus.  Seriously, the guy isn't even into the band's music.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money
trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
There's also a negative side."

― Hunter S. Thompson

meezer

Quote from: crushr24 on June 05, 2016, 11:52:08 AM
Anything, as long as it's not Jeff Pinkus.  Seriously, the guy isn't even into the band's music.
And Trevor Dunn is:shock:
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

(the) flutter nuts

SO maybe the next will be a full album with Kevin

))))((((

Quote from: crushr24 on June 05, 2016, 11:52:08 AM
I might be wrong but i wouldn't say Melvins and the bands Pinkus has been involved with are that far removed from one another.

brian

I think it's a safe bet you'll all be surprised by what's coming up next!!

))))((((

Quote from: brian on June 05, 2016, 02:18:40 PM
I think it's a safe bet you'll all be surprised by what's coming up next!!
Oh God you know don't you!!! Right, lets think outside of the box guys. It's the long awaited collaboration album with Leif Garrett isn't it?