New Double Album: A Walk With Love and Death

Started by blewis, April 06, 2017, 11:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

no problem Razor.i see that too about drumming on recent releases, still have to listen to the new album though
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Hot Pants

BLACK HEATH is so good.

im quite enjoying this album.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Oscar

Quote from: immoraliste on July 10, 2017, 11:52:01 AM
TL ; DR This new release is fantastic and the crybabies should go listen to their favourite melvins albums and just quit being a bunch of whiny bitches.

How is having an opinion being a whiny bitch? Isn't this a forum?

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Oscar on July 12, 2017, 04:50:29 AM
TL ; DR This new release is fantastic and the crybabies should go listen to their favourite melvins albums and just quit being a bunch of whiny bitches.

No kidding.  I see this stance often, and it makes no sense.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

glen

ever heard what MELVINS think of negative reviews? 

its a bit of a trickle down maybe.     

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Pound4abrown

This forum, much like any other forum dedicated to one band or another always has a contingent of those fans who hate everything that isn't (Insert favorite era here).
This place is no different.
At least you don't see much of the people who don't like new material making snide comments to those who do.
Melvins be Melvins, whatcha gonna do?

buddy holiday

for the few cassette freaks here: 2xCASS Love/Death coming from http://www.utechrecords.com/:

MELVINS "A Walk With Love and Death" 2CS
Two goddamn tapes! One is a soundtrack!

Edition of 125 double cassettes presented in a side-by-side case with fold out insert and art by Mackie Osborne. Milwaukee Cassette Works edition for Melvins Mega Monster Hyper Limited.

Available at the Melvins live shows starting July 24 in Milwaukee, WI and online via
Milwaukee Cassette Works, July 25 at 12 NOON CST.

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: buddy holiday on July 14, 2017, 03:28:34 AM
for the few cassette freaks here: 2xCASS Love/Death coming from http://www.utechrecords.com/:

MELVINS "A Walk With Love and Death" 2CS
Two goddamn tapes! One is a soundtrack!

Edition of 125 double cassettes presented in a side-by-side case with fold out insert and art by Mackie Osborne. Milwaukee Cassette Works edition for Melvins Mega Monster Hyper Limited.

Available at the Melvins live shows starting July 24 in Milwaukee, WI and online via
Milwaukee Cassette Works, July 25 at 12 NOON CST.

:excited:
I got the shits real bad.

black stallion

been listening to this finally. Death is a pretty solid album, pure Melvins from start to finish.great vibe and fresh songwriting from Buzz. McDonald on bass is simply great. Love album still have to grow on me but i like it. packaging is great.
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Pound4abrown

Quote from: black stallion on July 14, 2017, 01:30:41 PM
been listening to this finally. Death is a pretty solid album, pure Melvins from start to finish.great vibe and fresh songwriting from Buzz. McDonald on bass is simply great. Love album still have to grow on me but i like it. packaging is great.

Agree, Steven's bass on this album is fantastic, and nicely positioned in the mix too.

Chief Ten Beers

Got the vinyl box yesterday. Yes, Death is the pink record & Love is violet, but the record plant fucked up and put the Love inner label/sticker on the Death record and vice versa. Other than that, the packaging is awesome. On deck for a spin soon here.

Captain CoryCory

Is it just me or does Ipecac have the worst luck with Melvins vinyl these days? (Though this is tame compared to past Melvins releases)

Nude With Boots? Bizarre packaging error led to warping!
Hold It In? Missing tracks to the chagrin of fans and for the sake of a limited 10"!
Basses Loaded? Holy shit missing four key tracks to the chagrin of fans, one track not even on a limited 10"!
Walk With Love and Death? Label mismatch!

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on July 15, 2017, 12:00:53 AM
Is it just me or does Ipecac have the worst luck with Melvins vinyl these days? (Though this is tame compared to past Melvins releases)

Yeah, thankfully no songs were omitted.

immoraliste

Quote from: Oscar on July 12, 2017, 04:50:29 AM
Come on, that was a tongue in cheek summation of my post, but feel free to take it at face value -- whatever.