Buzz's Les Paul Custom

Started by thor, September 11, 2017, 02:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thor

Thought I'd share. Even though I'm primarily a bass player, I've always had a hankering for a real Gibson Les Paul Custom. Black Beauty to be specific. And if I truly could design my own, it would have the Super 400 (Supreme Inlays). As a happy coincidence - Buzzo bought one in 1991 (as it was a limited custom shop run back then) and there were 249 other ones made I think. He used it heavily before switching to the aluminum guitars he plays currently. So, after years of searching, I finally have found and bought one just like Buzz's!!! I'm Blessened.

Bass player, recording engineer, Melvins superfan

glen

the machine that made the magic.

not DC... the LP. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Dumpster D

You greasy bastard!!! I did not need to see that!!! Augh!!! The sheer torment is unbearable right now!!!

What year is that, holy shit it looks nice and mint...You gonna baby that thing or what?

how much and where did you get it.........you bastard!!!  8)

thor

The guitar is from 1991, it and Buzz's are both a part of a limited Custom Shop run of 250 guitars. This one has some nicks and dings on it that are on the back, but overall it's in great condition for a 26 year old guitar.

I would wager it's in better condition than Buzz's guitar, as I've seen one interview where he complains that the airlines have broken the neck on a few of his LPCs while touring. (And had it repaired multiple times)

I got it online at a popular auction website, I wont say how much I paid for it, but Gibson Les Paul Customs are $$$ in the guitar world.

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

John Schuller

That is a badass axe. Dings and dents only make them sweeter in my opinion. Congrats on the score!

thor

oh and...last summer I picked up a Hillbish design clone of the classic SUNN PB-10 preamp that Buzz uses....and now Buzz bought one from Hillbish too. I racked it with a Crown poweramp like Buzz - all I need now is some cabs like he has...haha.

Dumpster D

Great...now all you need are a couple hits of acid and a Mu-mu.  :lol:

thor

(the) Razor

This is so cool, thanks for sharing.
Don't click this

Dumpster D