Portland, OR July 20th

Started by von grip, July 20, 2018, 04:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von grip

"im ol' south!"

blacksanta

Modpods were better than expected. Mrs. clause liked em. Full house, sound was a bit muddy likely due to how packed it was and how much bottom end from the two basses. Great show, Buzz was just grinning the whole time.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

blacksanta

Also, first time ive seen crowd surfing since the 90s.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

idowhatidoes

Great show yet again.i thought it was funny the 21 and under section was pinned off into the corner. Really dig the "Don't forget to breath." Been a while since I've seen them play "Let t all be." Good times. Now bring on the dual drums next year!!

deatheats

Yeah, Jeff and Steven's vocals were a bit low on the floor likely due to the bass overload...from what I was hearing from others it sounded better in the balcony. 

I can't say I've ever been to a show where I watched the bassists quite as much as this one!  I thought Pinkus might not be able to keep up with Steven's stage antics, but he was all on board, raising the bass above his head, giving it a good pummeling with his palm, etc.  The dude knows how to entertain!   The more I hear him sing the more I'm liking his vocals.
The double bass attack on Let it all Be was AMAZING!!!

Modpods were great, the vocals actually reminded me of Buzz's delivery style! 
I also love the way multi-instrumentalists like these guys can really change their sound song to song just by moving around to a different instrument.  Also kudos to the Melvins for picking an opener that defies an easy genre label.

Its too bad to see the Wonder turning into the Roseland (adding additional security, no re-entry, etc.).  I suppose it is better to be safe than sorry, but pat downs and metal detectors seem like a bit much...