Punk?

Started by todd666, November 28, 2004, 12:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

todd666

hey I was listening to a lot of  old punk like black flag germ sex pistols minor threat and so on and i was wondering ..... do you think that the melvins are going to make some new punk stuff up like the mangled demo's days? song like forgoten princles and again

songs like that.

:D

Dog Tired

Hmm it'd be cool...

alnis

The melvins/biafra album is pretty 'punk', no?

Alnis

FartLips

this is the NEW PUNK.  REVOLUTION, BABY!! :wink:
Judy is mad.🤣

Silverburst

Whoa, whoa whoa....Good Charlotte and Avril Levine are punk....I know this because it says so on their belt buckles.

Kurva

Quote from: SilverburstWhoa, whoa whoa....Good Charlotte and Avril Levine are punk....I know this because it says so on their belt buckles.

thats one of the funniest posts i saw in week

todd666

I mean like there older suff the fast chord progession and fast beats but none of that good charlot shit!! fuck that

Silverburst

I think we all agree...down with mall punk.  A good punk song should make you wanna torch the suburbs...not hold hands, cry about a sorrority girl, or whine about a trust fund issue.

I think the 'Don't Breath..." stuff is pretty much their interpretation of "punk".   For the most part its pretty fast, and doesn't have too many crazy time signatures.

anaconda

Its a good record! damn better than Vandals or some shit
if Jello never records another album, Never Breathe is a great one to
stand his ground on


on a sidenote, i think HAT is one hell of a 'punk' record in a fuck you sense
just being so all over the musical map, and the amazing packaging like
80s kitsch / pop art shit.

Beto Brasil

Quote from: kurvathats one of the funniest posts i saw in week


8)  8)  8)
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

smmaniac69

hey what is punk really everybody these days says everything is punk please inform me about that.
Well what ever it is i think that THE MELVINS are punk!!! :?:  :shock:  :o

Huey P. Newton

Quote from: smmaniac69hey what is punk really everybody these days says everything is punk please inform me about that.
Well what ever it is i think that THE MELVINS are punk!!! :?:  :shock:  :o

Nah, I only think the Biafra album is Punk. Biafra is old though....

DubEMC

Quote from: Delerium
Quote from: smmaniac69hey what is punk really everybody these days says everything is punk please inform me about that.
Well what ever it is i think that THE MELVINS are punk!!! :?:  :shock:  :o

Nah, I only think the Biafra album is Punk. Biafra is old though....

Apparently he's only 45. I guess that's old in punk standards though. Dale is only a year older than me :)

(PAUL)

Well their attitude is quite punk. I remember on some old bootleg I have Buzz proclaims they are a punk band, and then they played Eye Flys. I bet the punks loved it  :twisted:
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Grungeisdead