Melvins 1983 Mullet

Started by Tobias, September 06, 2020, 08:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

the bloat

Love it! Solid track. Looking forward to more 1983

the bloat

Going back and listening to Tres Cabrones, I think the 1983 lineup is most prone to experimentalism. There are some weird, but cool songs on there. Listen to the beginning of 'I told you I was crazy'. There is nothing else quite like it in their catalog. I look forward to hearing more weird, but heavy shit

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: the bloat on September 18, 2020, 10:06:44 PM
Going back and listening to Tres Cabrones, I think the 1983 lineup is most prone to experimentalism. There are some weird, but cool songs on there. Listen to the beginning of 'I told you I was crazy'. There is nothing else quite like it in their catalog. I look forward to hearing more weird, but heavy shit


Right on.  I find it interesting that the experimentalism and heavy weirdness comes with Buzz writing songs with Dillard's lack of virtuosity in mind.  Writing with simpler patterns seems to free up other things somehow.  Makes me think of Flipper, and Buzz's love for their playing combined with his more twisting and turning riffs is an awesome combination. 

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: the bloat on September 18, 2020, 10:06:44 PM
Listen to the beginning of 'I told you I was crazy'.

No shit. That tune is one of my all time favorite Melvins moments, as powerful, huge, demented, and just plain "right" as any in their canon. Never woulda thought some 33 yrs ago dropping GPT on my turntable that I'd still be shaking my head in bliss and wonder at the jams these cats would be dropping in my middle age. Long strange trip it has been!

vince furnier

Quote from: the bloat on September 18, 2020, 10:06:44 PM
Going back and listening to Tres Cabrones, I think the 1983 lineup is most prone to experimentalism. There are some weird, but cool songs on there. Listen to the beginning of 'I told you I was crazy'. There is nothing else quite like it in their catalog. I look forward to hearing more weird, but heavy shit
absotively! bring it!  :evil: :excited: :ohsnap: :evil: :excited: :ohsnap:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Jozzy

Any word yet on when this is going on sale?

bUTTHOLEmAN

Melvins 1983 vinyl coming soon
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

von grip

F sick, loving these colors  🎃
"im ol' south!" -wf (2009)

von grip

guessing they'll go up the Sunday before Halloween
"im ol' south!" -wf (2009)

jules

Vinyl available 25 October, CDs 'sooner'.

Dumpster D

Quote from: jules on October 13, 2020, 03:19:48 PM
Vinyl available 25 seconds to purchase before sold out, CDs 'sooner'.

Fixed.

amazonAMAZON


black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

von grip

"im ol' south!" -wf (2009)

))))((((

FUCK!!! This new 'Caddy Daddy' song from Mullet is great!! Now THAT is my Melvins!!! It's got me excited about this 1983 album again now. I thought 'Bouncing Rick' was good but not great like this one! Indeed it is "morally superior!".