Melvins 1983 Mullet

Started by Tobias, September 06, 2020, 08:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jozzy


))))((((

The keyboard bit at the end of 'Fuck Around' VERY much reminds me of Carly Simon's hit 'Coming Around Again'. Surely intentional right?


amazonAMAZON


Chief Ten Beers

Fun EP. Bring on a full 83 album again! The T-bird logo/cover art looks very similar to a High On Fire shirt I have from the last time I saw them live, summer '15.

blewis

Does anyone know if a digital version of this cd is floating around anywhere? I do realize it hasn't officially been released digitally.
The one and only....

the bloat

I don't even own a CD player anymore! I'll prob still buy it though...

amazonAMAZON

I'm listening to the CD. The verses of "Fuck Around" and the main riff of "Bouncing Rick" have a sound that I can only describe as 'low bitrate encoding.'

I also heard this on the Bandcamp for the Working With God album and ignored it as just low bitrate encoding.

Anyone else?

black stallion

i can see what you mean, you call it 'low bitrate encoding' ... i call it 'Toshi recording'  :)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

moose

Quote from: black stallion on November 16, 2020, 03:08:50 PM
i can see what you mean, you call it 'low bitrate encoding' ... i call it 'Toshi recording'  :)
Ouch
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

GiveMe45

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on November 16, 2020, 02:46:19 PM
I'm listening to the CD. The verses of "Fuck Around" and the main riff of "Bouncing Rick" have a sound that I can only describe as 'low bitrate encoding.'

I also heard this on the Bandcamp for the Working With God album and ignored it as just low bitrate encoding.

Anyone else?
Are you talking about the weird volume drops?

amazonAMAZON

Sort of a volume drop in the verses, but more like a loss of high end definition and a sloshy sound overall

Stonergrunge

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on November 17, 2020, 01:04:41 AM
Sort of a volume drop in the verses, but more like a loss of high end definition and a sloshy sound overall

Yes, it sounds a little bit darker, maybe mid-scooped.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

dirtmerchant

I love the material but I agree the production is a little off. Caddy daddy sounds muffled. The past few albums have had weird production with the shitkid collab being the worst. I know it's just an EP but it sounds terrible. I remember an interview with buzz where he said something like " we didn't spend much time on it, we don't overthink things anymore " etc. I'm paraphrasing. But it's like yea, sounds like you just went in, in a day and shit it out. I like a lot of the stuff they've done with Toshi but it wouldn't kill em to step out and work with someone else every now and then. I read buzz said he'd like to work with joe barresi again. Stoner witch is one of their best sounding albums. I know we get a lot more material with then using toshi and their own studio but maybe one day they will step out of their comfort zone.

amazonAMAZON

I would LOVE for any of that Cynthia Massey stuff to come out. Maybe it was just a single song session but I have a hard time believing they didn't at least sound check a few tunes.