Melvins albums i'd like to see

Started by ))))((((, January 27, 2022, 08:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: the bloat on January 29, 2022, 10:54:39 AM
Maybe the Void Manes thing just ended up being "Overgoat", found on Chicken Switch?
No, i think it was recorded after. Sometime around 2014. The guy behind Void Manes has mentioned this mysterious recording a couple of times. Even saying a couple of years ago that it would still come out at some point. He also referred to it as the "TG sessions" which i assume means Throbbing Gristle. I know Melvins did 3 TG songs in total for one of the Everybody Loves Sausages vinyl's but Void Manes wasn't included as a contributor on those.

Mount Ambulance

An album featuring all female vocalists
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

amazonAMAZON

The greatest name for that record is already taken, Penis Envy

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on January 29, 2022, 03:25:51 PM
The greatest name for that record is already taken, Penis Envy

and a great record it is ... and one of my favorite album covers!
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Chief Ten Beers

An album of Zappa/Beefheart covers featuring any or all of the following: David Yow, Eugene S. Robinson, Larry Lalonde, Patton, Mike Keneally, Adrian Belew, Terry Bozzio, Henry Kaiser, & Billy Bob Thornton.

amazonAMAZON

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on January 29, 2022, 05:00:17 PM
An album of Zappa/Beefheart covers featuring any or all of the following: David Yow, Eugene S. Robinson, Larry Lalonde, Patton, Mike Keneally, Adrian Belew, Terry Bozzio, Henry Kaiser, & Billy Bob Thornton.

This!!

johnnyg

A full album directly inspired by first wave West coast hardcore with some well-placed guests - Germs, Screamers, Crime, Dead Kennedys, Avengers, Black Randy, Geza X, Deadbeats

spunkmonkey

Melvins + Harvey Milk

Skate rock overs of JFA, Drunk Injuns, Suicidal Tendencies, Agent Orange, Agression, ...

))))((((

Perhaps not for everyone here, but i really do think hearing about a new album from the Melvins is the most exciting thing. No other band has me soo intrigued by what each release is going to be or who participates or it's concept.

Tobias

I'd like to see a reissue of 10 Songs on vinyl. Most of their other stuff has so I don't see why not? Freak Puke too since that's another one I don't have on vinyl
Have you ever only eaten what's alive?

Nizamark

amazonAMAZON

I'd like a 13 songs, or whatever configuration omits the redundant songs from their other albums. Of course Melvins covering the first two Fugazi EPs would be cool, too.

the bloat

My guess is that they haven't re-issued 10 songs on vinyl yet because it was originally put out by CZ records in various lengths. Wasn't it 6 songs at one point? Available as an EP? Maybe there are some legal complications with that...

Another idea for the next Melvins album: What about a vault clearing collection of B-Sides and demos? I have really grown to enjoy 1 - 12 singles. I also like Basses loaded which is clearly a B-Sides album. Sometimes this is where you find the real gold. Songs like Specimen and War Pussy...

Bigval

Quote from: the bloat on February 01, 2022, 09:52:14 PM
I also like Basses loaded which is clearly a B-Sides album. Sometimes this is where you find the real gold. Songs like Specimen and War Pussy...

I agree bands can often be genuinely judged on the quality of their B-sides. It seemed a lot of people didn't pick up on that Basses Loaded wasn't a proper album as such but a compilation album of essentially leftover songs that didn't make it onto their respective releases they were intended for. A couple of very good songs on Basses Loaded too.

))))((((

Quote from: Bigval on February 02, 2022, 01:34:56 AM
It seemed a lot of people didn't pick up on that Basses Loaded wasn't a proper album as such but a compilation album of essentially leftover songs that didn't make it onto their respective releases they were intended for.
Im not sure it is a "leftovers" album entirely but i subscribe to the compilation idea. I know i saw some mention from the band that the BB track 'Choco Plumbing' was something they had kicking around. I guess the Trevor one 'Planet Destructo' was perhaps from an earlier Melvins Lite session too. As for the rest i suspect the Steven tracks and the 1983 ones were quite a bit newer. Probably done FOR the release. Especially the Steve ones anyway.