The Electric Roach + Five Legged Tour 2022

Started by blewis, April 12, 2022, 08:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoryCory

The crazy thing is as repetitive as the Melvins setlist has been in recent years I can think of far more repetitious cases. Weedeater, Om, Triptykon, Negative Approach all come to mind. Great performers but consistent.

black stallion

man, some parts of this songs sound great, especially second half
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on June 16, 2022, 01:55:34 PM
I couldn't help but think of Faith No More with the "angel dust from heaven" line.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 17, 2022, 05:43:56 AM
Quote from: black stallion on June 16, 2022, 01:55:34 PM
I couldn't help but think of Faith No More with the "angel dust from heaven" line.

been listening to it again, first part is a bit meh (Matt Alec riff?), second part is good

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on June 17, 2022, 08:10:25 AM
been listening to it again, first part is a bit meh (Matt Alec riff?)
It's funny that you always seem to pick up on those types of things with new Melvins songs. I never really notice! Although sometimes there is the slight sense of hearing something very similar before.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 17, 2022, 09:35:28 AM
Quote from: black stallion on June 17, 2022, 08:10:25 AM
been listening to it again, first part is a bit meh (Matt Alec riff?)
It's funny that you always seem to pick up on those types of things with new Melvins songs. I never really notice! Although sometimes there is the slight sense of hearing something very similar before.

I think it's a classic of Buzz to play riffs that are similar to others. you should start a thread about that  :D

https://youtu.be/Ayqbul-7K_4

https://youtu.be/o3eCeRUuus8

Melvy

Quote from: Nizamark on June 15, 2022, 08:20:34 PM
i get having the same setlist for a single tour.  but i don't get having roughly the same setlist for years upon years.  esp when they have such a vast catalog.

but it's a quibble for the computer. tomorrow when the lights go down i'll be in bliss no matter what they play.  like i always think i could do without hearing 'the bit' again... and then when they play it i think 'omg best song ever.'

if you're at pappy&harriet's, say hi. but do it before the shrooms really kick in and i rip my shirt off and run off into the desert to hump a cactus

The Melvins and Dinosaur Jr are very similar to me when it comes to touring

Both are super hard working/constantly touring yet seem to play 90% of the same setlist each time you see them despite both having large/still active quality discographies.

))))((((

This 'Mr Dog' track is really growing on me. The only problem is i keep thinking it's called 'My Dog' ha! Buzz sure does loves his dogs!

Roman Dog Bird
Dog Island
Dogs And Cattle Prods
Five Legged Dog
Mr Dog

amazonAMAZON

Working with (Dog)God

I'm also convinced "Euthenasia" and "Brass Cupcake" are about dogs.

FartLips

man, that song puts me to sleep. that's ten minutes they could use on a couple other gems.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

))))((((

Quote from: FartLips on June 19, 2022, 12:14:39 AM
man, that song puts me to sleep. that's ten minutes they could use on a couple other gems.
Speak for yourself, i've had bits of the second part of the song stuck in my head all day today. Can't wait to hear the studio version. I imagine it will fit well with other tracks.

Check out this recording. It's better quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9uGAEqouW8

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 19, 2022, 09:10:54 AM
Quote from: FartLips on June 19, 2022, 12:14:39 AM
Speak for yourself, i've had bits of the second part of the song stuck in my head all day today. Can't wait to hear the studio version. I imagine it will fit well with other tracks.

Check out this recording. It's better quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9uGAEqouW8

yeah, curious to hear the studio version of this song. was thinking, what if this is going to be part of the session with that Ministry drummer??

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on June 19, 2022, 09:47:42 AM
what if this is going to be part of the session with that Ministry drummer??
I suppose it could be since Roy did that exact same little drum intro with Dale on the Ministry tour. But realistically i doubt it. They have only just done that recording and we already know they have a new album sitting there in the can ready to be released. If it isn't a song from that record i will be VERY surprised.

I mean technically we already know 3 songs!

Never Say You're Sorry
The Receiver & The Empire State
Mr. Dog

moose

Anybody here going to the Louisiana show?
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.