The Electric Roach + Five Legged Tour 2022

Started by blewis, April 12, 2022, 08:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Just realized the electric roach tour began on my birthday.

PepsiMike

vince furnier

sorry folks. traveled down to Tucson for the show with my wife and kids. they stayed at the hotel.  went to the show. didn't go quite as smoothly as i'd hoped. wife wanted to sit down to dinner at the hotel at about 7. show started at 7:30 and i had a 3 mile drive to get downtown and park. missed Harsh Mellow completely and walked in at 8:05 during what i'm assuming was Helms Alee's first song. i saw our old member green man as usual. he's cool. spent the whole Failure show with him and his wife and buddy. got some nice HA merch and the silver face Bad Mood Rising shirt and Stoner Witch letterpress cd from the Melvins booth. 
also, while i waited in line briefly out front, Buzz and Mackie walked by. they looked nervous like don't talk to us, you freaks! it was funny. i smiled and laughed.  :lol:
Tucson folks were super into the show. i got to thinking this must be the first Melvins show there since the same week in 2015. they were not being too high and mighty to enjoy Steven on bass. they were lettin it all out. fun set.
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Quote from: vince furnier on June 24, 2022, 11:18:00 PM
while i waited in line briefly out front, Buzz and Mackie walked by. they looked nervous like don't talk to us, you freaks! it was funny. i smiled and laughed.
Being that his hair is so distinctive, i'm sure Buzz gets noticed and perhaps approached quite a lot. Especially at shows. It would be funny if we found out the hair was a wig and in his daily life he doesn't wear it and can pass through society completely unbothered.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 25, 2022, 01:52:15 AM
Quote from: vince furnier on June 24, 2022, 11:18:00 PM
while i waited in line briefly out front, Buzz and Mackie walked by. they looked nervous like don't talk to us, you freaks! it was funny. i smiled and laughed.
Being that his hair is so distinctive, i'm sure Buzz gets noticed and perhaps approached quite a lot. Especially at shows. It would be funny if we found out the hair was a wig and in his daily life he doesn't wear it and can pass through society completely unbothered.

ah ah, a wig  :shock:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

vince furnier

Quote from: black stallion on June 25, 2022, 01:30:00 AM
so Mackie is on tour with them?
remember they bought a house there. i've never seen her in person before.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

GrimReaper

))))((((

I'm really curious about how tall Buzz is. I've read on here somewhere that he's pretty short. Is that true?

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 25, 2022, 12:25:17 PM
I'm really curious about how tall Buzz is. I've read on here somewhere that he's pretty short. Is that true?
i've read here that he's 5' 11" and Dale is 5' 7". i've stood next to both and being 6' 1" i'd say it's accurate. Dale has better posture than Buzz, so it doesn't always look like such a discrepancy. i've also been up close to Jared and Coady. Jared is huge, Coady is tiny (big surprise there!  :lol:)
Welcome to my Nightmare!

GiveMe45

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 25, 2022, 12:25:17 PM
I am about 6'2" (188cm) and I had to look slightly downward when he poked me on the shoulder and asked if he could get through to the stage at Grumpy's for the Prick party show.

FartLips

5'11" sounds about right. i've stood next to him before too.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Mints

Are you guys blind? Buzz is nowhere NEAR 5'11''. Look at the inside cover of Ozma to see him next to Dale and tiny Lori if you don't believe me.

moose

Quote from: Mints on June 25, 2022, 02:34:50 PM
Are you guys blind? Buzz is nowhere NEAR 5'11''. Look at the inside cover of Ozma to see him next to Dale and tiny Lori if you don't believe me.

Haha it sounded a little too tall to me too.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

Melvy

Yeah, he's definitely 5'8-9" range, just like Patton.