The Electric Roach + Five Legged Tour 2022

Started by blewis, April 12, 2022, 08:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigval

I've met Patton before he's tiny like 5'8" at most and built like a teenage boy too so Buzz would be 5'9" tops. When people guess heights they usually include things like sticking up air so understandable people would think Buzz is taller than he really is.

FartLips

Quote from: Bigval on June 25, 2022, 08:17:55 PM
I've met Patton before he's tiny like 5'8" at most and built like a teenage boy too so Buzz would be 5'9" tops. When people guess heights they usually include things like sticking up air so understandable people would think Buzz is taller than he really is.
dunno about that. i stood there talking to him for a while and im 5'8. he's taller than me.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Bigval

Quote from: FartLips on June 26, 2022, 04:22:03 AM
Quote from: Bigval on June 25, 2022, 08:17:55 PM
dunno about that. i stood there talking to him for a while and im 5'8. he's taller than me.

Who Patton or Buzz? I'm 6'1" and towered over Patton he would be 5'7.5" to 5'8" tops. Going by that photo last page of Patton & Buzz standing side by side Buzz's eyes are about 0.5 to 1 inch above Patton's so Buzz couldn't be taller than 5'9" if he's even that tall.

What I was saying before was in person people find it difficult to judge someone's height if they have big hair or a hat or something so Buzz's frizzy hair makes him look taller than he really would be. Flatten his hair down and measure to his scalp and judging by that Patton pic no way would he be taller than 5'9".

vince furnier

you can't look at a pic and assume everyone is standing on the same surface. or they didn't pick that day to wear their KISS platform boots.  :buzz:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

FartLips

Quote from: vince furnier on June 26, 2022, 07:19:17 AM
you can't look at a pic and assume everyone is standing on the same surface. or they didn't pick that day to wear their KISS platform boots.  :buzz:
yeah im going by us talkng to each other face to face at a cracker barrel. don't remember the footwear tho.
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Vcavallo

Quote from: PRG on June 06, 2022, 03:30:01 PM
Five Legged Tour 2022 in Graphic
ho35uV.md.jpg" border="0

This map seems to be missing the Rhode Island show; where I'll be tomorrow night (say hi).

I came here to make sure that this tour isn't acoustic. It seems it isn't. Thank dog!
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Vcavallo

I'm looking at my profile and remembering that I once complained about an "influx of doom" on this message board...
What was wrong with me? Doom rules.

FartLips

Quote from: Vcavallo on June 27, 2022, 03:55:48 PM
I'm looking at my profile and remembering that I once complained about an "influx of doom" on this message board...
What was wrong with me? Doom rules.
so do interviews.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Hey Vinnie!

updated tour list:

Quote"The Electric Roach Tour"

Tickets for the six-week run go on-sale this Friday at 10 am local time. Helms Alee and Harsh Mellow open.

Dates:
June 15 Long Beach, CA Alex's Bar
June 16 Pioneertown, CA Pappy & Harriet's
June 18 Tucson, AZ Club Congress                     Vince Furnier
June 21 New Orleans, LA One Eyed Jack's
June 22 Birmingham, AL Saturn
June 23 Knoxville, TN Bijou Theatre
June 24 Carrboro, NC Cat's Cradle
June 25 Richmond, VA The Broadberry
June 27 Hamden, CT Space Ballroom

June 28 Providence, RI Fete Music Hall
June 29 Syracuse, NY The Westcott Theatre
July 1 Bethlehem, PA Musikfest Café at the ArtsQuest Center
July 2 Huntington, WV The Loud
July 3 Detroit, MI El Club
July 5 Madison, WI High Noon Saloon
July 6 Davenport, IA Racoon Motel
July 7 Des Moines, IA Wooly's
July 8 Minneapolis, MN Grumpy's
July 9 Fargo, ND The Hall at Fargo Brewing Company
July 10 Sioux Falls, SD Icon Lounge
July 12 Salt Lake City, UT The Metro Music Hall
July 14 Bozeman, MT The ELM
July 15 Spokane, WA Knitting Factory
July 16 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theatre
July 17 Eugene, OR Sessions Music Hall
July 19 Roseville, CA Goldfield Trading Post
July 20 Berkeley, CA Cornerstone Berkeley

"The Five Legged Tour" dates:
with 'We Are the Asteroid'

Sept 5  CA SF  Great American Music Hall
Sept 6  CA San Jose The Ritz
Sept 7  CA Bakersfield  Temblor Brewing Company
Sept 8  CA Petaluma Mystic Theatre
Sept 9  CA Felton  Felton Music Hall
Sept 10  CA Fresno  Strummer's
Sept 12  NV Las Vegas  Backstage Bar & Billiards
Sept 13  AZ Flagstaff Yucca North
Sept 14  NM Santa Fe  The Bridge at Santa Fe Brewing Company
Sept 16  CO Boulder  Fox Theatre
Sept 17  CO Ft. Collins  Aggie Theatre
Sept 19  NE Omaha  The Waiting Room
Sept 20  MO Kansas City  recordBar
Sept 21  MO St. Louis Old Rock House
Sept 22  KY Louisville  Headliners Music Hall
Sept 23  IN Indianapolis  The Vogue Theatre
Sept 24  MI Grand Rapids  The Pyramid Scheme
Sept 26  OH Columbus  A&R Music Bar
Sept 27  PA Lancaster  Tellus360
Sept 29  NY New York  Irving Plaza
Sept 30  NJ Asbury Park  The Stone Pony
Oct 1  DC Washington  Black Cat
Oct 3  NC Raleigh  The Pour House
Oct 4  NC Charlotte  Visulite Theatre
Oct 5  SC Greenville  The Radio Room
Oct 6  GA Savannah  District Live
Oct 7  GA Athens  40 Watt Club
Oct 9  FL Jacksonville  Jack Rabbits
Oct 10  FL Gainesville  High Dive
Oct 11  FL Orlando  The Social
Oct 12  FL Ft. Lauderdale  Culture Room
Oct 13  FL Tampa Orpheum Theater
Oct 15  FL Pensacola  Vinyl Music Hall
Oct 16  LA Baton Rouge  Chelseas Live
Oct 17  MS Jackson Duling Hall
Oct 18  TN Memphis Growlers
Oct 19  AR Little Rock  Revolution! Music Room
Oct 21  OK Tulsa  Cain's Ballroom
Oct 22  OK Oklahoma City  Beer City Music Hall
Oct 23  TX Denton  Rubber Gloves
Oct 25  TX El Paso  Lowbrow Palace
Oct 28  CA Palm Springs  The Alibi
Oct 29  CA LA  The Halloween Freakout
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

vince furnier

Vinnie, approaching the 5 Legged Dog tour like...

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Vcavallo

Quote from: vince furnier on June 28, 2022, 11:25:46 AM
Vinnie, approaching the 5 Legged Dog tour like...

LOLLL 

I'm happy about AN acoustic tour - but I didn't only want acoustic this year. 
But the additional reason is I'm bringing two first-time-melvins-show friends tonight and I want them to have the full experience!

Dumpster D

Any true friends should be grateful for even being able to go to a concert in general these days what with the way things have been IMHO.

I had tickets for Buzzo and Dunn, and the show was cancelled, and I had to smash a few guitars myself at that point, just getting TICKETS was hard.

Snivlemdotcom

The 5 Legged Tour will NOT be an acoustic tour.

amazonAMAZON

I too had refunded Dunn/Buzzo tickets. I'm glad the return was a proper electric set, but I really hope we can get to both an acoustic tour and a Dunn set in the next year or so.

IanFraser

Hi All.  New guy here.  I must confess my sins and digressions but I'm very new to the Melvins having grown up on the NWOBHM.  Been searching through some stoner/doom metal and finally landed on Buzz & Dale.  I missed them with Ministry in March in New Haven CT and was kicking myself. 

Well I saw them Monday in Hamden CT with my son (15).  His second concert and first club show.  Let me say we were blown away!  We were one guy back from the stage on Buzz's side.  My son was grinning the whole time.  The set was amazing despite me not having the depth to recognize all the songs.  Buzz was intense, focused.  Dale is a MONSTER!  God damn it's fun watching him play, and twice!  Harsh Mellow was cool and really enjoyed Helms Alee greatly except for the guitar (pretentious, 2 minutes tuning between songs, dramatic screaming face with nothing coming out, was it all in the right monitor?).  HA drummer kicked ass (drums and vocals).  The crowd was cool, could have been more enthused, no pit.

I was looking for the set list yesterday and found this forum.  Soon realized they don't mix up the set list on a tour (or from one tour to the next) much.  My son went to the mall yesterday (day after), which he never does, and found Five Legged Dog on vinyl!  Looking forward to building the collection and the deep dive.

Already have the September Irving Plaza (NYC) date on the calendar.  I'd expect the NYC show to be a different vibe from Hamden CT, although sounds like the set list will be very similar.  Your thoughts on Melvins in NYC?