Quadragenarian

Started by Oscar, May 09, 2022, 03:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

blacksanta

The 20th felt more special than subsequent milestone years. The PNW tour with Mudhoney (I was at the PDX stop) and the boss book was really cool.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

John Schuller

50th is coming up in just 11 years!!

))))((((

Quote from: sadcorps on May 19, 2022, 07:10:30 PM
Lets hope they make that milestone too. Buzz would be 69 and Dale 65!!! I guess that would be pretty much the latter stages of the band if they indeed did make it.

John Schuller

Quote from: ))))(((( on May 20, 2022, 09:47:20 PM
Lets hope they make that milestone too. Buzz would be 69 and Dale 65!!! I guess that would be pretty much the latter stages of the band if they indeed did make it.

I just saw Paul McCartney kill it for 2.5 hours at 5 days shy of 80. I can see the Melvins trying to do the next weird thing by outliving every single other musician and band out there. I can see it being the year 2063 and Buzz saying "No band has ever been around as long as us. Period."

))))((((

Quote from: sadcorps on May 21, 2022, 01:03:16 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on May 20, 2022, 09:47:20 PM
I just saw Paul McCartney kill it for 2.5 hours at 5 days shy of 80. I can see the Melvins trying to do the next weird thing by outliving every single other musician and band out there. I can see it being the year 2063 and Buzz saying "No band has ever been around as long as us. Period."
I would love that to be the case. I can definitely see that being the kind of thing that he would not only say but also be super proud of stating too.

the bloat

QuoteI can see it being the year 2063 and Buzz saying "No band has ever been around as long as us. Period."

God I hope so! I will be in the audience, also old as fuck

the bloat

Oh! Another idea, maybe they can build up a huge vault of audio and video, leave it to their estate and then slowly trickle it out over time so that in our lifetime, Melvins releases will never stop. Or maybe they'll freeze Buzz's head and use AI to predict the next song that he would come up. Im so high right now. Are these good ideas?

Dumpster D

How about The Melvins 'Beyond Thunderdome'

amazonAMAZON

Colonel Cheese

so, kind of along those lines, what do all you fine folk here at this place think of the zappo family trust doing that very same thing with his vaulted recordings?
hmm?!!
interested in responses

Dumpster D

Quote from: Colonel Cheese on May 23, 2022, 10:25:26 AM
so, kind of along those lines, what do all you fine folk here at this place think of the zappo family trust doing that very same thing with his vaulted recordings?
hmm?!!
interested in responses

I wouldn't attempt that kind of project unless the money was being brought to my door in a dump truck (and no one wants to pay for music anymore which might be part of it)... If I really want to hear whats on those tapes I'd send them five bucks and wait another 40 years.

Oscar

hmm?!!
interested in responses

I'm on the fence about it - one the one hand I fully get the Zappa heads that want to hear every note from every tour but I think it's starting to saturate.
I can't sit through four 1971 Mothers shows for enjoyment, maybe to study them on a good day at the most

Seems like Ahmet and Joe Travers are milking it to the last drop, seeing as anybody else of authority has either died or been ousted.

John Schuller

Quote from: Oscar on June 15, 2022, 09:11:07 AM
hmm?!!
interested in responses

I'm on the fence about it - one the one hand I fully get the Zappa heads that want to hear every note from every tour but I think it's starting to saturate.
I can't sit through four 1971 Mothers shows for enjoyment, maybe to study them on a good day at the most

Seems like Ahmet and Joe Travers are milking it to the last drop, seeing as anybody else of authority has either died or been ousted.

I am a Zappa freak. I keep buying all of the new vinyl they put out, I can barely keep up! Between Zappa and the Melvins always putting out records, I am gonna be in the poor house!

Oscar

Quote from: sadcorps on June 16, 2022, 12:21:26 PM
Quote from: Oscar on June 15, 2022, 09:11:07 AM
hmm?!!
interested in responses

I am a Zappa freak. I keep buying all of the new vinyl they put out, I can barely keep up! Between Zappa and the Melvins always putting out records, I am gonna be in the poor house!

Damn, there will be probably be new releases from both of them dropping long after you've dropped. Which is where the cryogenically frozen Buzz head comes in.

I've become a lot more selective with releases like that but I had to go for the Halloween '73 box and the Roxy performances. Still trying to get my hands on the last '88 show vinyl because I've been streaming the dog shit out of that one.