Started by ))))((((, October 02, 2022, 06:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazonAMAZON

Isn't the Void Manes Collab supposed to finally come out this year? That seems like it'll be Ipecac.

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on January 07, 2023, 08:18:38 PM
Isn't the Void Manes Collab supposed to finally come out this year? That seems like it'll be Ipecac.
Since we had nothing on Ipecac last year, i wouldn't be surprised to see another double Melvins release year! Just like 1999, 2013 and 2021!! It does seem like the band have been recording a lot this 12 months and Dale did say they intend to make a big impression this year for their 40th.

When you think about it, there's a blimin lot of stuff that we know the band have either been working on or seem to have recorded this past year or so!

-Void Manes "TG Sessions"
-Roy Mayorga on drums
-Gary Chester on guitar
-Kingdunn
-Helms Alee collab

Plus some rumour stuff!

-History of rock project
-Melvins Lite 35 unreleased tracks
-Jon Spencer collab
-Kim Thayil involvement

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Nizamark

Dumpster D

))))((((

When were the original geek tours? Late 90's? Early 00's i presume? Was it still Mr Bungle at the time or some other Patton project? I've never heard about any of this since it must have been before i was a fan.

Bigval

Quote from: ))))(((( on January 23, 2023, 06:48:12 PM
When were the original geek tours? Late 90's? Early 00's i presume? Was it still Mr Bungle at the time or some other Patton project? I've never heard about any of this since it must have been before i was a fan.

The 2003 Ipecac Geek Show tour of Australia I went to was Tomahawk headlining followed by the Melvins and Fantomas. Plus there was a warm up DJ set by Jamie Leonarder from the Mu-Mesons.

Nizamark

yeah i saw the 03 geek show in orange county, ca.  it was tomahawk, melvins and skeleton key.  no fantomas. i believe dalek was on some u.s. dates too.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: Nizamark on January 23, 2023, 07:36:26 PM
yeah i saw the 03 geek show in orange county, ca.  it was tomahawk, melvins and skeleton key.  no fantomas. i believe dalek was on some u.s. dates too.
Fuck yeah, I saw that in May '03 @ The Cleveland Agora - Tomahawk, Melvins, & Dalek. Easily one of the top 3 shows of my life. Those were the days, when you'd get those Ipecac package tours. Melvins w/ Trio-Convulsant in '04,  Fantomas w/ Trio-Convulsant and The Locust in '04/'05, the first few Melvins/Big Business tours. Glad to see they're getting back now to something similar.
I saw Skeleton Key once in '02. They went on after The Black Keys in Buffalo, well past midnight @ The Mohawk Place. Small room, maybe 100 people in there for Black Keys, about a dozen by the time SK went on.

Von Grip

Gonna have to look and see if I still have my 03 ticket stub from the roseland theatre here in Portland
"im ol' south!"

Peebot

Von Grip

Quote from: Peebot on January 26, 2023, 11:11:50 AM
Presale for the Geek Show today at 10:00pst, FYI. PW: SOUND

https://consequence.net/2023/01/mr-bungle-melvins-2023-us-geek-show-tour/
thank youuuuuu for the code  :D errrr wrong code
"im ol' south!"

Peebot

Seattle PW: SHOWBOX

Von Grip

Code for Portland: TRUEWEST

"im ol' south!"

Peebot

the onsale here in Seattle was pretty much a shitshow. many technical hurdles, much fuckery. I was able to get one ticket but it was a struggle.

Hope folks here got tickets, or can in the general onsale tomorrow (Friday) at 10.