A Conversation with The Melvins

Started by black stallion, December 20, 2022, 12:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the bloat

Good read! Thanks for sharing.

This interview puts the Ipecac / AmRep debate to rest. Interesting to think that Spoonman or Misty Mountain Urge would have made the record had this not been a vinyl-first release. Trying to picture how those would fit, now that I've listened to BMR so many times front to back.

von grip

"im ol' south!"

Bigval

QuoteIt's nothing to do with us having a problem with Ipecac at all. We have a really great relationship with them and have for a long time. Mike (Patton) and Greg (Werckman) there are really great. We have absolutely no problem with them whatsoever. There will be more stuff with them in the future, of course, but we're a left-of-center band.

That's good to hear.

))))((((

I always suspected there was never a problem with Ipecac. It's good to have that finally confirmed and concluded once and for all. I still think they would have put out BMR if the band had requested it though, but i see Buzzo's point there.

black stallion

after thinking a lot about this, i'm happy that BMR came out only on Amprep. in a few years we'll see this album as something special in the Melvins discography . obviously i expect this not being the rule, and Ipecac releasing more Melvins stuff in the future
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on December 22, 2022, 06:24:04 AM
after thinking a lot about this, i'm happy that BMR came out only on Amprep. in a few years we'll see this album as something special in the Melvins discography.
I've thought that in a way too. That it will be memorable how it came out - giving it a unique quality.

amazonAMAZON

I love seeing everyone on board with this being a special experimental release (and not a fiasco as we once thought.)

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on December 22, 2022, 06:47:19 PM
I love seeing everyone on board with this being a special experimental release (and not a fiasco as we once thought.)
Don't get me wrong, i still think the roll out was pretty much a disaster. I wouldn't want them to repeat that. But in terms of making something a bit unique it did the trick. At least in a marketing sense. Musically i don't think there is any difference. Although i personally would have still preferred to have seen it come out on Ipecac as per normal.