We Reach: Music of the Melvins

Started by Pastor Of Muppets, October 08, 2005, 04:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pastor Of Muppets

What are peoples opinions of the new Melvins tribute album. Personally I'm disappointed. most bands juts murdered some great songs. Eyehategod is actually the most faithful cover. It even sounds like it was recorded in late 80s. The revolve cover is godawful with some james hetfield godsmack wannabe on vocals and Burton.C.Bell destroys Joan of Arc. Shoukd be ashamed of himself.

Huey P. Newton



Joe Deutrom

I knew it wasn't going to be that great. The only decent tribute CD I have ever heard was the first Nativity In Black album.
I mean, who is going to top the Melvins doing the Melvins?

Bigval

Going through the far corners of my CD collection I forgot I had this 'We Reach - The Music of the Melvins' (2005) tribute album. It was released on the label Fractured Transmitter which was the short-lived label from Jason Popson (J Mann) former frontman of Mushroomhead.

   
1.    "Night Goat"    Mare    3:00
2.    "Honey Bucket"    The Dillinger Escape Plan    2:42
3.    "The Bit"    Mastodon    4:29
4.    "Zodiac"    Strapping Young Lad    3:59
5.    "Claude"    Pig Destroyer    1:15
6.    "Oven"    High on Fire / Keelhaul    1:27
7.    "Shevil"    Meatjack    6:15
8.    "Joan of Arc"    Strapadon Factory (Devin Townsend, Burton C. Bell, Brann Dailor)    3:21
9.    "Boris"    Isis / Agoraphobic Nosebleed    9:01
10.    "Revolve"    Pitch Black Forecast    4:30
11.    "Easy as It Was"    Eyehategod    3:11
12.    "Anaconda"    Dog Fashion Disco    4:30
13.    "Raise a Paw"    Disengage    1:15
14.    "Hog Leg"    Blessing the Hogs    5:22
15.    "Laughing with Lucifer at Satan's Sideshow"    CKY / Gnarkill    2:40
16.    "Copache"    Maritime Murder    2:48
17.    "Bar X the Rocking M"    Made Out of Babies    2:47
18.    "Echohead/Don't Piece Me"    Pincer 2    2:51

I remember listening to it once and not liking it at all but as this year is it's 20th anniversary I might have to give it another go.

Nizamark

20 years. jesus.  what is time why is time.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards