The Crybaby

Started by Vcavallo, December 03, 2003, 12:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: idiotboySo ya know that drum solo duel on divorced:

1 which drummer is Dale (the last or the second last) and how can you tell?

2 who won the duel? and why?

1. Second last (if I understand your meaning)... or right. Danny's snare just has that sound...

2. We win
"There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion."

- Lord Verulam

The Wise Shotgun

idiotboy

I reckon the other guy won - coz his beats are much quicker.

anaconda

quicker beats does not equal 18 yrs worth of
Buzzo's farts in the tour van, and all that bad food.

8)

CausesUnknown

whoever did the drum roll at the very end won, thats fer sure.

GoatOvaries

Its really easy to tell dale and danny apart for me at least like someone above said danny just has that sound.

TOOL

Crybaby is one of the few Melvins CD's I don't own.  I know a lot of people put down COD as their worst.  I have mixed feelings about it.  I've only heard bits & pieces of Crybaby and not really liked what I've heard.  Anyway, I thought I'd put this question up to the experts here.

Is Crybaby worth buying?
There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened.  But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.

TosT

It would depend on your level of devotion/fan-obsession i guess... and your tastes. I know people that love that album. It's probably my least favourite, but i would still buy it again.
I imagine that you would like "divorced", the track Dale wrote, played with Tool... there are some very good songs on the cd, while others seem to be dragged down by the contributing guests or other things, and it's not very cohesive... but i'd buy it just to have the trilogy, never mind the good tracks on it.

Reverend Ebeneezer

It was my first Melvins purchase and put me off them for quite some time...wasn't impressed. To this day, it's the only Melvins release I'm quite happy to say that I dislike. It's worth having to have The Trilogy but IMO, there's nothing on there that warrants shelling out
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

Dr. Gonzo

Amazing CD.... Very experimental.
You got Tool, David Yow, Hank Williams the 3rd, Mike Patton, Skeleton Key.

The songs by all of those are amazing
The CD should grow on you.

If you're a fan of Stag, Honky and bootlicker, you should dig this throughly.

Highly reccomended.

Eponymous

It's more like a compliation album than a Melvins album. There are some throwaways on there but there is some amazing stuff as well.
I'd recommend that you buy it. It will take a while to grow on you though.

klump

if you like the melvins...i mean REALLY like em youll like this one...
dry drunk alone would make most melvins happy campers if it was released as a single...fans of the other albums WILL like this one...haha am ay riiitarrd..

that secret window movie sucked donkey cock!

anaconda

Secret Window??? pls explain...

GrimReaper

You should be able to pick up Crybaby used for under $5. You spend more than that on a single alcoholic beverage sometimes and never think twice about it.

Kurva

i dont have the whole album too, but i would buy it just for Divorced and The Man With The Laughing Hand Is Dead
i think you would like it