Does anybody know buzz's setup on GPT?

Started by Joe Deutrom, December 16, 2003, 04:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Joe Deutrom

Does anyone know what guitar effects and amp settings Buzz used on GPT?

lord of heaviness

I'm not 100%, but I think he used a Gibson les paul custom with sunn beta lead heads, some custom built cabs, and maybe a proco rat pedal.
What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?

anaconda

a Big Muff too on early stuff where its sounding dense

Anonymous

I think an Mxr Blue Box might have come in to play. That's the best of my knowledge. Has Buzz ever answered this question?

Beto Brasil

Quote from: anacondaa Big Muff too on early stuff where its sounding dense

big muff?
i have BigMuff, 1 super fuzz and 1 HyperFuzz,but, i think that Buzzo dont uses Big Muff man...no way!
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

brian

i don't think buzz ever used a big muff that pedal has a pretty weak sound, along the lines of mudhoney, and i am pretty sure the only time buzz used the blue box was on charmicarmicat and live

Anonymous

are you guys positive? i remember something about a big muff superfuzz being racked with the rat pedal.

anaconda

No theyre right, I screwed up guys, Buzzo's pedals are rat pedal,
a boss digital delay and a boss tuner.

stew

Quote from: briani don't think buzz ever used a big muff that pedal has a pretty weak sound, along the lines of mudhoney

What are you trying to say?  Mudhoney is weak?  Mudhoney sucks??  Whatever

brian

Quote from: stew
Quote from: briani don't think buzz ever used a big muff that pedal has a pretty weak sound, along the lines of mudhoney

What are you trying to say?  Mudhoney is weak?  Mudhoney sucks??  Whatever

weak meaning it's not a very strong distortion, similar to the distortion that mudhoney consistently uses, i used mudhoney as an example because i assumed most people here listened to them and they're known to use the pedal.
Whatever

zium

Quote from: anacondaNo theyre right, I screwed up guys, Buzzo's pedals are rat pedal,
a boss digital delay and a boss tuner.

that's the gear he uses atm (i saw the 3 pedals at the geekshow in amsterdam) but he prolly used a different amp in the early days (he used a marshall head + cab on the geekshow). On the salad of a thousand delights dvd i saw the sunn beta leadhead behind him. he played hog leg on a  dan armstrong guitar, that's one of those see-thru guitars the guy in black flag used (which isn't listed in the gear page on this site by the way). i'd really like to know what buzz used to get the sound from gpt :)

Stew

Quote from: brian
Quote from: stew
Quote from: briani don't think buzz ever used a big muff that pedal has a pretty weak sound, along the lines of mudhoney

What are you trying to say?  Mudhoney is weak?  Mudhoney sucks??  Whatever

weak meaning it's not a very strong distortion, similar to the distortion that mudhoney consistently uses, i used mudhoney as an example because i assumed most people here listened to them and they're known to use the pedal.
Whatever

Okay, I got ya  :mrgreen:

Anonymous

I'm not sure about the GPT era, but I saw the Melvins on tour with Primus in Canada around '96-97' I believe, and this is the setup he had for that show. I took this pic when they were soundchecking. Buzz and Dale were very nice and they gave us beer tickets too.


zium

sweeet :)

what's that black pedal? an equalizer? and what sort of pedal is the white mxr? i remember someone on this forum had one too

[edit]
that guy was mobmob, he said in a post a few months ago that the white mxr is a micro amp / booster :)

Beto Brasil

Quote from: AnonymousI'm not sure about the GPT era, but I saw the Melvins on tour with Primus in Canada around '96-97' I believe, and this is the setup he had for that show. I took this pic when they were soundchecking. Buzz and Dale were very nice and they gave us beer tickets too.


hey ,I have 1 "TREMOLO" from BOSS,which song Buzz uses this pedal?
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm