Melvins Show Poster for Sale

Started by KURDTLUVUR!, March 27, 2006, 01:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KURDTLUVUR!

May all your dreams come true!

I will not kill you, Conda, perhaps only wound you with my razor-sharp axe. SCHNAP!!!  : )   - SchnabelA

Nuancing is for homo's.  - Norecess

anaconda

Not being snooty or anything, but that particular poster just doesn't 'do it' for me.

ManWithNoName


KURDTLUVUR!

I'll have to agree with the consensus so far, the set doesn't really move me either.  It reminds me of the 'one of a kind' screen print/test prints that silk screeners sometimes make.
May all your dreams come true!

I will not kill you, Conda, perhaps only wound you with my razor-sharp axe. SCHNAP!!!  : )   - SchnabelA

Nuancing is for homo's.  - Norecess

anaconda

Ya exactly, where they take a waste sheet and run it thru a few times to check color.


rhett E rock

i like it, but i think the band logos should be a bit bigger. 

mcnail

I'm all about it.  Then again, Aaron Horkey (the one that did the face) is my favorite artist.

GrimReaper


It looks like its 3-d from the picture.


Is it?

Lunica

haha, they have a poster for "mel gibson and the pants"
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.


glen

Quote from: anaconda on March 27, 2006, 03:29:16 PM
Not being snooty or anything, but that particular poster just doesn't 'do it' for me.

personally, it gives me a fucking headache.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

CaptainPungent

Quote from: glen on March 29, 2006, 12:52:27 PM
Quote from: anaconda on March 27, 2006, 03:29:16 PM
Not being snooty or anything, but that particular poster just doesn't 'do it' for me.

personally, it gives me a fucking headache.
you hit the nail on the head.

i get that same feeling.

guesswhatilikethemelvins

i think the colors are really out there, but that works for me. it doesn't really scream "MELVINS!" though.

the face in it kinda reminds me of the cover from a Gentle Giant album...
"You guys don't fuck, do you?"
Kevin said that.

anaconda

It's a piece of 'ephemera' that's been lifted from a book of old etchings

RichieGoodtimes

You're ony half right. Some of that has been lifted, some of it is original art.  If Horky had a hand in that then a lot of that stuff that looks like lifted etchings is guaranteed to be original illustrations...that look like old etchings. I don't know who did what, though, so I'm not sure.

klump

Quote from: glen on March 29, 2006, 12:52:27 PM
Quote from: anaconda on March 27, 2006, 03:29:16 PM
Not being snooty or anything, but that particular poster just doesn't 'do it' for me.

personally, it gives me a fucking headache.

This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit
I thought about my space and I really got me down
(got me down)
Got me so down, I got me a headache
My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound

I was counting the rings
And I fell me into sleep
I peeked to see if you were way back when
I was counting the trees
Until a day when there was one
I'd hoped beneath, asleep is where that you had been

This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit
I thought about my space and I really got me down
(got me down)
Got me so down, I got me a headache
My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound

Well, I found you
Maybe you can help me
And I can help you

This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit
I thought about my space and I really got me down
(got me down)
Got me so down, I got me a headache
My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound
Got me so down, I got me a headache
My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound
This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit
I thought about my space and I really got me down