MELVINS T-SHIRT VOTE

Started by Lunica, April 02, 2006, 07:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look at the sketches and vote for your favorite!

anaconda - shit out your neck cocktail
4 (8.9%)
anaconda - caesar rifle massacre
1 (2.2%)
anaconda - doggys rear window (asscrack remix)
2 (4.4%)
captain pungent - hammer smashed face
2 (4.4%)
meanclown - pink n brown knitting queen
1 (2.2%)
green honey - crazy cross combo
1 (2.2%)
captian pungent - multitasking pukeface
4 (8.9%)
vcavallo - photobucket fuck shirt
0 (0%)
captain pungent - bunnyturtle mating scene
0 (0%)
klump&lunica - insect polka indeed
28 (62.2%)
don chente - blood red cross
1 (2.2%)
don chente - we've got a hostage situation
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: April 12, 2006, 07:53:33 AM

Lunica

i suggest that when the winner is chosen, everyone can send him wishes about possible changes, and he will do what he can to make everyone happy. without being a sellout (duh)  8).

theres no way the shirts will be printed in norway - just that would double the price. and when you add shipping, thats three times as much as you would want to pay for a shirt. so whoever wins, they need to be printed somewhere cheap :)

well, i'm off to italy!  :cheers:
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

Hog log

Vcavallo

Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

mopafeena

I was wondering that myself actually. It looks as if Klump and Lunica's design has won the vote so........... is it gonna get made? It should.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Lunica

any vounteers? i already said theres no way it can be printed in norway

Vcavallo

i said i would take the orders, but i have no idea how to go about getting something printed.  i would take the orders and pass them to someone else to do the actual ordering.... :twisted:  i think there would have to be one person who receives all the shirts and sends them out to the different addresses, but that is a huge fucking bitch.  there is no way a printer will send shirts all around the world, though.  it seems like whoever collects the money would have to send them out as well so that they money they collect in price and shipping could pay for the shipping prices they will have to shell out. 
damn this is complicated...

norecess

To keep the shipping costs low, I think it's best if someone from the US takes all the orders. But to know for sure, we should have a list of all people who want to buy a shirt.

Isn't it possible to send an email to all members of the board and find out if they want to buy a shirt? It's not very realistic to expect every member to go through this thread again and find these latest messages. Maybe I should sent Brian a PM to find out if this is possible. I think so though, I have received similar emails from other BBS-based boards too.

glen

gotta have someone with some $ upfront to finance everything before the money starts coming back.  this could be a trick. 
I would be more than happy to do this  IF I wasn't horrendously poor right now.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Vcavallo

no way anyone is going to lay out the cash -or should.

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

Vcavallo

yea i would think so too, Glenny.  if nobody comes forth, your idea of going local might be the only real idea so far!  you can at least get a price, and if nobody likes it we'll either wait till something better comes up, or make them anyway for the people willing to pay to make it a reality.
you realize you have kinda volunteered to do the shipping?  that's really cool, i just think you should know what you're getting yourself into (i'm sure you do.)
so, if this is the way it's going to be, it looks like it may be you and me buddy

glen

yes.  yes I do realize.  this is something that CANNOT be slacked on or done half-assed.  I will give it 110% but the only problem I have is finances.  unfortunately I can finance NOTHING upfront. just happens to be a bad time for me.  but if the cash is there I will most definetely make sure my responsibilities (as given to me) are handled.  may be a slight delay in getting from the money point to the t-shirt on your back point but I will waste NO time.

I figure you fine folk have given me hours (9 days, 17 hours, 45 minutes and counting) of reading pleasure, connections to good music and other various favors.  I owe a little something back besides sarcastic one-liners and ridiculous stories. 

KURDTLUVUR!

Someone needs to check with Andy at dieselfuel.com, and see how much he'll charge for a 1 colour print shirt.  (I've been told his prices are reasonable.)   Once we get an estimate, it should be easier to collect the money.

p.s. We should have a limited edition colour shirt, production of five, available randomly to cool people.   They can be the starbelly sneetches of melvins.com
May all your dreams come true!

I will not kill you, Conda, perhaps only wound you with my razor-sharp axe. SCHNAP!!!  : )   - SchnabelA

Nuancing is for homo's.  - Norecess

Lunica

did someone say hot pink? haha. how about we make a list of people who want to buy the shirt, with their desired size.
the person who fixes it should have a paypal account so we can pay as well.
i need to know what kind of file it should be.. illustrator file, pdf, esp..? CMYK/RGB?
when i know, i'll make some small changes (add another E in indeed, which will also make the indeed a tad smaller, and vectorize the bug (wohoo, looking forward to that...gah)) :) any other wishes?

glen

got the paypal situation squared away.  waiting for a game plan on the actual printing.  probably best to check a couple different options out so as to avoid a rape job. 

don't EVEN make them hot pink.  I'm not going for it.  don't care what is "in style".  hot pink doesn't suit me.   maybe 2 or 3 color options.  white, black & pink?  (or something).
print to be black or green?  one color print?