What Melvins album did you start with?

Started by Fast and Bulbous, July 16, 2006, 08:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Fast and Bulbous

For me it was Lysol. I bought it at Silver Platters record store in Seattle and I was instantly hooked. It was unlike anything I'd heard before. It's been a few months since then and I've already bought Stoner Witch, Houdini, 10 songs, Bullhead, and Hostile Ambient takeover.

How about you? How did you get into the Melvins?

Metalhead Cow


didlisquat

My friend bought Lysol the day it came out. He brought it into my dorm room to hear it for the first time(on cd). I was impressed even though we listened to it on a rather shitty boombox. Before the semester was over i got all of Lysol and about three or four songs off Bullhead(30min.Lys/15min.B.H.). Listened to it all summer on cassete in a big ass truck.
Boris was definetly one of those Bullhead songs. I want to say Your Blessened too, but maybe cause thats my favorite off B.H..
I've been hooked ever since.
when man's only distant relative
has descended on his own
you will know

FartLips

gluey in '89. my bassist had it in cassette form.
Judy is mad.🤣

blacksanta

Houdini  :shock: Bought it on vinyl for 5.99 at 2nd Avenue Records.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

rimb

Started with The Crybaby because of the Tool collaboration.  The Melvins certainly got my attention though and the next album I bought was H.A.T.

Guts

Stoner Witch was my first. I got it for Christmas 2 years ago.
No TV and no beer make Guts something something....

Kessel

For life is not happy.

anaconda


CaptainPungent


anaconda

warm and rich, deep analog frequencies

maffymaff

My first Melvins investment was The Best of The Atlantic years. I'd 'known' of the Melvins for a long time and had heard various odds and ends, I'd just never been brave enough to take the plunge and get one of their albums. And the compilation album seemed like a good place to start. Needless to say I soon purchased (nearly) everything else they've brought out. The only thing I'm wanting to get is the Pigs of the Roman Empire. But I'm not that bothered about getting the two Jello Biafra & The Melvins albums though.

But...... the first album I bought with a Melvins track on it was the Germs tribute album (every home should have a copy!)

glen

don't remember if it was houdini or lysol.  the memory slips away.
I think it was houdini with lysol a close second.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

steve

Eggnog.

I became a fan just about the time it was released... otherwise I don't think I have ever seen it in a store.
...Steve

Lunica

i didn't start with an album, i started with some songs klump showed me
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.