DOD Buzz Box

Started by Andy, January 21, 2004, 01:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Honey

Quote from: emptyhandeda couple things on the DOD buzz box.  yes it was created on the influence of buzz osborne but buzz had nothing to do with it.  that was in an article in some guitar mag interviewing buzz.  he had one and he said it sucked.  he did use it on the noise track on stoner witch(i forget the name)  the other thing is be careful with the buzz box.  it creates squarewaves.  soundwaves naturally slope so the speaker gradually pushes in and out.  with a squarewave, its telling the speaker to instantly be in one place and then in another with no gradual movement.  that can be REALLY  bad for the speaker.  you will blow your shit up.  and it hails satan.

This is a paragraph. Paragraph's are used for dividing sentences into legible sections so that the reader can concentrate on what is being said without it all just amassing into one big, long bunch of words like this is becoming.
This is another paragraph.

FartLips

sorry too much kerouac in my diet.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Kurva

Quote from: Green Honey
Quote from: emptyhandeda couple things on the DOD buzz box.  yes it was created on the influence of buzz osborne but buzz had nothing to do with it.  that was in an article in some guitar mag interviewing buzz.  he had one and he said it sucked.  he did use it on the noise track on stoner witch(i forget the name)  the other thing is be careful with the buzz box.  it creates squarewaves.  soundwaves naturally slope so the speaker gradually pushes in and out.  with a squarewave, its telling the speaker to instantly be in one place and then in another with no gradual movement.  that can be REALLY  bad for the speaker.  you will blow your shit up.  and it hails satan.

This is a paragraph. Paragraph's are used for dividing sentences into legible sections so that the reader can concentrate on what is being said without it all just amassing into one big, long bunch of words like this is becoming.

you said it brother  8)

Jess

Quote from: emptyhanded

hey who let the english teacher in here?

Green Honey

Quote from: emptyhandedhey who let the english teacher in here?

Quiet, you!

FartLips

Quote from: steve ludlow
Quote from: emptyhanded

hey who let the english teacher in here?

Quiet, you!
better watch out, ludlow.  or its a ruler across the knuckles.yeooch!
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Green Honey

mobmob

buzzbox is great for what it does - vile noise. you can't get that out of the
blue-box alone. btw, dod pedals aren't that bad... well, a few of them, the
analog delays and a few of the old american series are unbelievably
cheap and very good soundquality-wise. and you won't find a better
analog delay in that price-range. some people say it's the poor mans ad9.
what i really hate is boss, most of the pedals i tried or bought sounded
cold, clanky and noisy - especialy distortion, good thing these times are
over.

Jess

i got a boss ds-1 distortion box and i agree it's not the best sound i've heard out of a box.  at least i didn't pay for it.

beee

Quote from: emptyhandedit creates squarewaves.  soundwaves naturally slope so the speaker gradually pushes in and out.  with a squarewave, its telling the speaker to instantly be in one place and then in another with no gradual movement.  that can be REALLY  bad for the speaker.  you will blow your shit up.  and it hails satan.
Wow thanks for the info. Where did you find about that?

anti~vermin

squarewaves my ass!!
lmfao!
ive never heard of such a thing.

LouiLoomis

It's true. Depending on how deep the squarewave you're working with is, your speaker can be easily be damaged.

FartLips

Quote from: beee54
Quote from: emptyhandedit creates squarewaves.  soundwaves naturally slope so the speaker gradually pushes in and out.  with a squarewave, its telling the speaker to instantly be in one place and then in another with no gradual movement.  that can be REALLY  bad for the speaker.  you will blow your shit up.  and it hails satan.
Wow thanks for the info. Where did you find about that?
this info came in the manual with the box. a friend of mine bought it new.

beee

so if you turn heavy knob clockwise you get more squarewaves ?

FartLips

i think its all three that you go ten on and bad things happen.  on a side note,  kurt cobain would use half-dead batteries in his effects to make interesting noises, but i would use an adapter with a half or three-fourths voltage required.  this worked on old DOD's. i don't know if it worked on anything else.