Melvins/Big Business 11/18/06 Gypsy

Started by Dead Cowboy, November 17, 2006, 02:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dead Cowboy

so its tomorrow at the Gypsy in Deep Ellum Texas. Im gonna try my hardest to get pics of everyones rigs, mostly jared and buzzs though. I may go as far as bring a monocular and scope the settings but... that seems a little obsessive.

Smellis

Oh no buddy, that's just really good re-con. My hat is off to you for being so obsessive. That's what needs to go down.  8)
"I actually checked to make sure I wasn't posting balls."  (IDLEHANZ)

".PS: please,  allow me to reitterate...  dale crover = super human " (GLEN)

"If the world is going to end on Saturday I might as well hold in my shit and save a few bucks on Shit-Paper." (GRIM)

ANACONDA:   All-around genuine motherfucker.

anaconda

a monocular? man this is so cloak and dagger!!!

FartLips

its MELVINS IMPOSSIBLE!!! DUH DUH DUH DUHH DUHH!
Judy is mad.🤣

Dead Cowboy

I leave for dallas in 5 hours.... im getting impatient.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Dead Cowboy on November 18, 2006, 11:30:29 AM
I leave for dallas in 5 hours.... im getting impatient.
There's a lot of STEERS in dallas.  So watch out.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Dead Cowboy

believe me, i know. Im leaving now, wish me luck on my first Melvins Show!

mopafeena

Quote from: FART LIPS on November 18, 2006, 11:15:06 AM
its MELVINS IMPOSSIBLE!!! DUH DUH DUH DUHH DUHH!

This thread will self destruct in 34 seconds.

34, 33, 32, 31, 30, 29..........
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: mopafeena on November 18, 2006, 10:11:28 PM
Quote from: FART LIPS on November 18, 2006, 11:15:06 AM
its MELVINS IMPOSSIBLE!!! DUH DUH DUH DUHH DUHH!

This thread will self destruct in 34 seconds.

34, 33, 32, 31, 30, 29..........
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

mopafeena

www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Dead Cowboy

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. That was, hands down, the best show I have ever been to. It was in the tea room, which holds about 150-200 people, we got there at about 7:30 and saw a huge line outside the ballroom, but it was all emo kids waiting for she wans revenge. We got in line, all these trashy dirtbag kids talking about the Melvins and flipper and stuff like that and all the scene kids were looking at us like we were complete morons. the doors opened at 8 and we started filing in like "MELVINS! YEEEES!" and all the emo kids were laughing at us... we got to the ticket guy and he was like"guys... you want the tea room, around the street." We booked it around the corner to see like 2 people in line, wearing Sleep and ministry tshirts. We knew we were in the right place. We waited about 5-10 minutes and Buzz, Dale, Coady and Jared all pulled up in minivans. The melvins are fuckin touring in minivans. Buzz walks by first, there maybe 8  people waiting, he took the time to shake our hands and say thanks for coming. Business walk by and say hi, Dale is just staring at people. They walk in and we all just kindof looked at each other in disbelief. Never at any show Ive been to has anyone ever been so cool, and the show hadnt even started.

We waited outside another hour or so, listening to the soundcheck. They played sacrifice, and me and one of my friends were singing along. They finally let us in and we got to see the end of soundcheck, and Buzz let me get a picture of his rig and pedals, I got pics of jareds stuff too. I'll post them in the buzzs rig topic once i get them developed. So they played a history of drunks, twice, then left the stage,and somebody pulled out this rack of pedals and set it up, and for the next hour we listened to this undulating noise, imagine cranking your amp and putting your guitar thruogh a chorus pedal on a slow setting. WEEEEEEOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEOOOOO.
It was brutal. After that a guy came out and tuned a guitar, people were yelling at him to turn the shit off and he replied by turning the intensity up.... like some screeching woman now.after about 15 minutes the Men of Porn took the stage.
I have never heard Porn, my extent of knowledge about them consist of whatever I hear on this board. I was not prepared for what took place. Tim came out dressed like santa claus, Dalevis was on drums, and fucking billy is dressed up like a bumblebee... me and my friends are front row, and were just laughing our asses off. from what I could tell, they played 2 songs, one was just a trudge riff, and the next song they played a  riff, did some weird shit, then played the riff again, and billy would comment in spanish.
Example:Riff, drum breakdown, then Billy starts playing SEX BOMB, slow at first then faster, with me and my friend screaming along, then they stop, and Billy says "LA SEXO BOMBA!!" Then dale pulled out his duck call and did the stars at night thing... No one could really understand what was going on, he stopped and berated the crowd "come on guys, were in dallas, deep in the heart of TEXAS" so he did it again and got a response.It was pretty funny.It was great, Im a fan. Porn is to the Melvins what Nig heist was to Black Flag.
Then big business went on... fuck. They totally destroyed, I saw coady earlier that night and was like... this little guys is not going to be able to keep up with dale, he looks like an underwear model or something... He is a madman. what a ferocious drummer. Jared was all over his bass, totally fucking raping it. They both put on an amazing show, and then dale came out, played someguitar, and then they did a breakdown where dale did the Mechalecka hi mecha hidy ho thing for peewees playhouse, and jared matched him... they got ridiculously fast and my friends and I are crying it was so funny. Dale started twirling around, got some good pics.
Then dale goes in the back, Business plays a song, and buzz and dale come out.
Melvins deliver. It was such a great show, they played a ripping version of sky pup, hooch, most of a senile animal, bloated pope, revolve, I was right in front of the setlist at jareds feet but some drunk asshole got it after the show. anyway, in the drum breakdown of A civilized worm, buzz chewed out some drunk dude who was ruining the show being a dumbass, he said something like "hey!I dont know what your problem is, maybe your drunk, but stop being an asshole, cause im not your parent and i dont care if you die. just keep it away from me." it was great, the drunk people kindof sucked, but whatever. after the show, I got a porn disc, a shirt and electroretard. We waited outside for a bit, I said hi to Jared, and buzz came out and I got a picture and he said they were gonna reisssue electroretard but it wouldnt look like the current version. sweet. Ill put pics up later when I get them developed.Melvins fuckin rule.


klump

hehe, good review.
I bet the pics are great.

Buzz is a genious when it comes to getting me to open my wallet.
I have the original Electroretard, but I have to get the re-issue too... :D

Smellis

That was really a kick ass review!! Can't wait to see the photos. Thanks!!!
"I actually checked to make sure I wasn't posting balls."  (IDLEHANZ)

".PS: please,  allow me to reitterate...  dale crover = super human " (GLEN)

"If the world is going to end on Saturday I might as well hold in my shit and save a few bucks on Shit-Paper." (GRIM)

ANACONDA:   All-around genuine motherfucker.

klump

hey, wait a sec...
Billy who?

not Anderson?

bUTTHOLEmAN

Thanks for the review! 
Who is bumblebee man??
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus