Southern Records Podcast No. 6: King Buzzo from the Melvins

Started by norecess, February 06, 2007, 04:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bUTTHOLEmAN

FOR SHAME YOU RACISTS!! YOU ACT LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN A BLACK PERSON!!!!!!!!
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Vcavallo

Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Buttcakefred

Buzz seems very resistant to namedrop any current bands that claim to be influenced by them.  I wonder what he thinks of bands like Boris and Sunn.  He mentions how a lot of bands that cite the melvins as an influence only portray one aspect of their sound(probably the super heavy lumbering stuff) They ARE playing with Boris next month, and they seem to be more his speed, a band constantly trying new things. 

norecess

Quote from: Buttcakefred on February 14, 2007, 09:40:36 PM
I wonder what he thinks of bands like Boris and Sunn.

Some time ago he stated he has never heard Sunn, don't know where or when exactly. Can't be too long ago. In Wire magazine he said, without referring to any band in specific, that he thinks so called 'avant garde improvisational composers' - or something among that line - are just a bunch of lazy idiots.

OfficerButtcrack

I have heard time believing he hasnt heard of Sunn. I mean he produced Goatsnake's first album (which features Sunn guitarist Greg Anderson).

norecess

Quote from: OfficerButtcrack on February 15, 2007, 02:00:15 PM
I have heard time believing he hasnt heard of Sunn. I mean he produced Goatsnake's first album (which features Sunn guitarist Greg Anderson).

He has indeed. That was the late 90s right? I am not sure how active Sunn were at the moment. Plus, producing Goatsnake has nothing to do with listening to other band member's musical projects. So, anyway. If Buzz has indeed stated once he hadn't heard Sunn, I'm sure he's speaking the truth.

OfficerButtcrack

I remember that interview myself. But Buzz has also stated that he lies a lot in interviews  :lol:

norecess

Quote from: OfficerButtcrack on February 16, 2007, 07:39:54 AM
I remember that interview myself. But Buzz has also stated that he lies a lot in interviews  :lol:

Can that interview be found on the internet somewhere? Because I remember him stating 'the internet is full of lies'.

ManWithNoName

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

bUTTHOLEmAN

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

BuzzCut

oh man, this is going to be a great forum!  good stuff!!  hahaha

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: BuzzCut on February 16, 2007, 03:14:03 PM
Hi Buzz cut, Schnabel A is usually the greeter for the melvins.. net, or even Glen, but I'll be honoured to welcome you.  As you can tell, I'm the most popular and coolest here (~karma).  Lots of Europeans here, but you wouldn't know, because their english is pretty spot on.  Go melvins!

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

FartLips

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 16, 2007, 03:29:28 PM
Quote from: BuzzCut on February 16, 2007, 03:14:03 PM
Hi Buzz cut, Schnabel A is usually the greeter for the melvins.. net, or even Glen, but I'll be honoured to welcome you.  As you can tell, I'm the most popular and coolest here (~karma).  Lots of Europeans here, but you wouldn't know, because their english is pretty spot on.  Go melvins!
here ya go.

INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!11111
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Vcavallo

Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo