Favourite Melvins monster-song

Started by Erikkerik, March 22, 2007, 06:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erikkerik

The dialectic respons to Schnabels short Melvins-tunes thread.

Less (and probably more predictable) choices:

Favourite Melvins song of 10 minutes or more.

Anti vermin seed

I have brought the great ball of crystal;
            Who can lift it?
Can you enter the great acorn of light?
But the beauty is not the madness
Tho' my errors and wrecks lie about me.
And I am not a demigod,
I cannot make it cohere.

Mad Arab

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

al27

mopafeena

Quote from: Joe Deutrom on March 22, 2007, 08:20:17 PM
Pigs of the Roman Empire

Might have to second that.

Or the monster of all monsters COD!! (That counts, right?)
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

GrimReaper

From the opening drums of aVast Flthy Prison and then the guitar I love this song. This was not always the case.

The vocals seemed out of tune and I thought it was lyrically challanged when I first heard it. I loved all of (A)SA and thought: the songs you don't like by the Melvins the first time through turn out to be your favorites.

At 5:52 the ending drum beat by Dale, awesome, then the slow soundscape, just the right amount of pure digital silence to start back at the beginning of (A)SA, the Talking Horse.

glen

Quote from: GrimReaper on March 23, 2007, 04:18:33 AM
thought: the songs you don't like by the Melvins the first time through turn out to be your favorites.

a profound statement.   all the best songs take about 5 or 6 listens to really grasp where they are coming from. 
this is some of the magic of the MELVINS and their "cult" following (thats us).   MELVINS are not for the common ear.
I think they understand that just as well as we do.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

ManWithNoName

see how pretty, see how smart. hands down.

The song just keeps building and building and then finally just fucking rips your face off. No matter how often I listen to this song I'm always surprised by the end. You never know when it's coming. "oh here it comes... wait no... now... no..."

al27

Quote from: ManWithNoName on March 23, 2007, 08:26:35 AM
see how pretty, see how smart. hands down.

The song just keeps building and building and then finally just fucking rips your face off. No matter how often I listen to this song I'm always surprised by the end. You never know when it's coming. "oh here it comes... wait no... now... no..."

Hag Me is like that for me too, I can't use it 'cause its under 10 mintues, but every time I hear that intro, I can never tell when the song is going to start.  Every time I think it is, I'm early or late in guessing.

Brilliant.

-al27

Guts

AIR BREATHER DEEP IN THE ARMS OF MORPHIUS ! ! !! !!!!!  ! ! !!!
No TV and no beer make Guts something something....

tommyhc

CaptainPungent

TosT

norecess

Charmicarmicat Bastards.

Number two choice would be Spread Eagle Beagle from the new Houdini.