Worst Melvins song

Started by Pringles, April 05, 2007, 02:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

))))((((

Quote from: Bigval on April 23, 2018, 06:44:44 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on April 23, 2018, 03:18:39 PM
Choco Plumbing
Surely you jest? I've put that song on that Melvins era post 2012 compilation CD I've made up for my brother.
Nope. Im not a fan of that one. Oddly i seem to be the only person who has ever said they don't like it too.


Quote from: (the) Razor on April 23, 2018, 06:47:13 PM
What's the worst Melvins song pre 2010?
I think you'll find that's 'Soup' off Stag.

Fureon Nectarmoon

Come on, Choco Plumbing? No comprende :?
And what's with all the hate towards Embrace The Rub :shock:

Oscar

I thought Choco Plumbing was one of the better tracks in recent years, really fun and pretty unique in its mood.

Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on April 24, 2018, 05:06:52 AM
And what's with all the hate towards Embrace The Rub :shock:

It's truly terrible to me, I hate everything about it. They lost me at "yeah, dumbass".

))))((((

It's far from terrible, it's just one i don't really like for some reason. Not sure why. This feeling seems to be amplified for me being that it comes off the back of 'The Decay Of Lying' which is a truly fine Melvins song.

Bigval

Indeed it is and so is Choco Plumbing. It puts a smile on my face as soon as Jared's vocals come in all excited and over the top.

(the) Razor

Choco plumbing sounds great. That's the kind of rock Melvins do best. The other attempts are not so memorable like.... embrace the rub.
Don't click this

amazonAMAZON

"Embrace the Rub" and "Break Bread' are the least favorite songs from the new record but far from being my least favorite Melvins tracks.

Pre-2010 least favorite Melvins album track (assuming we're talking about a composed song, not an improvisation or noise piece) is probably "It Tastes Better Than The Truth." That thing just goes on forever for no reason and I don't really get why it had to be on that EP, too.

"Choco Plumbing" rules.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!


"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Oscar

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 24, 2018, 05:06:00 PM
Dad humor.

Felt more like an in-joke from the tour van that's only funny to the travel party.

))))((((

Whenever a new Melvins album comes out (and i usually find fault with it in some way) i think back to when i first heard Nude With Boots. When that came out i thought it was not very good. I didn't listen to it much. Then later i absolutely loved it! Bride took even longer for me! So i think Melvins albums do take a while to come to terms with. Or maybe more accurately "accept". I think im at this stage with Pinkus Abortion Technician now. I know the bits i don't care for, i know what i like and i accept it as the next Melvins statement of intent. Right, now what's next!

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 25, 2018, 06:38:40 AM
Whenever a new Melvins album comes out (and i usually find fault with it in some way) i think back to when i first heard Nude With Boots. When that came out i thought it was not very good. I didn't listen to it much. Then later i absolutely loved it! Bride took even longer for me! So i think Melvins albums do take a while to come to terms with. Or maybe more accurately "accept". I think im at this stage with Pinkus Abortion Technician now. I know the bits i don't care for, i know what i like and i accept it as the next Melvins statement of intent. Right, now what's next!
So what's the hard part about getting into Nude With Boots? That it doesn't sound exactly like a 25 year old Electric Wizard album?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

Here we go again. Embrace the dud.

herb wilkinson


aeustin

Quote from: meezer on April 25, 2018, 07:31:05 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on April 25, 2018, 06:38:40 AM
Whenever a new Melvins album comes out (and i usually find fault with it in some way) i think back to when i first heard Nude With Boots. When that came out i thought it was not very good. I didn't listen to it much. Then later i absolutely loved it! Bride took even longer for me! So i think Melvins albums do take a while to come to terms with. Or maybe more accurately "accept". I think im at this stage with Pinkus Abortion Technician now. I know the bits i don't care for, i know what i like and i accept it as the next Melvins statement of intent. Right, now what's next!
So what's the hard part about getting into Nude With Boots? That it doesn't sound exactly like a 25 year old Electric Wizard album?
LMAO
Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie