Author Topic: Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)  (Read 981868 times)

Offline black stallion

• Onion Ringoes
    • View Profile
Re: Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)
« Reply #3780 on: October 25, 2022, 11:14:23 PM »
with his janick gers moves

ah, that totally makes sense!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline Oscar

• chicken to ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: October 28, 2022, 04:29:28 AM »
it's showbiz.

Of course it's a show, they're on stage performing.
Steven is just hideously mismatched with the music that's being played.

Offline ))))((((

• Has a copy of the vinney/buzzo interview
  • Tehom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: October 28, 2022, 11:14:14 AM »
So true. I know Kevin had his kinda kooky moments on stage with the band too but i loved the sort of misanthropic menace with him in the band. There was none of this with him - "Alllllllriiiiiiggghhhhhhhtttttttt King Buzzoooooooooo".

Offline black stallion

• Onion Ringoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: October 29, 2022, 01:18:10 AM »
There was none of this with him - "Alllllllriiiiiiggghhhhhhhtttttttt King Buzzoooooooooo".

:lol:

Offline black stallion

• Onion Ringoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: October 29, 2022, 04:44:10 AM »

Offline Oscar

• chicken to ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: October 29, 2022, 08:38:51 AM »

Offline vince furnier

• Handler
  • see my only mind explode, when I've gone insane!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: November 01, 2022, 09:43:05 AM »
*watch this before Yoko Love gets the legal team to remove it. 😆🙄

https://youtu.be/25zxoPvOzM8

Welcome to my Nightmare!

"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Offline black stallion

• Onion Ringoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: November 07, 2022, 12:11:52 PM »

Offline ))))((((

• Tehom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: November 09, 2022, 05:31:53 AM »

Offline Bigval

• View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: November 09, 2022, 05:47:17 AM »
In the very little press they've done for this new album have the band yet explained why they didn't release this album on Ipecac or via another conventional mainstream label? They also seem to have not done much interviews as promo for the album and weirdly the tour they were doing at the time it came out was named after the FLD album from last year and not named after this album.

Just a number of odd things surrounding this new album specifically that I haven't read on here as having been communicated or explained in any way.

Offline vince furnier

• Handler
  • see my only mind explode, when I've gone insane!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: November 09, 2022, 07:22:19 AM »
i'm thinking it's the snafu with the A(SA) reissue. i have no proof of this, but hey. also, Haze lost Grumpy's main location to development recently and they could be helping him out.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Offline Bigval

• View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: November 09, 2022, 07:42:35 AM »
i'm thinking it's the snafu with the A(SA) reissue. i have no proof of this, but hey. also, Haze lost Grumpy's main location to development recently and they could be helping him out.

I didn't know about Grumpy's but I did say at the time it kind of seems like they're just helping out AmRep/Haze by putting out a new album through them first for a change but I and a lot of others expected a traditional mainstream release to follow not long after. It doesn't seem like that will be happening especially since AmRep released a non-cheapy CD version now too.

Just everything about this new album release seems odd and a bit bizarre but it does suggest there is some sort of breakdown in the Ipecac relationship. When Patton was still on hiatus earlier this year Buzz did a video interview where he quite freely volunteered that "Patton can be very frustrating to work with" I thought that spoke volumes. It's not the kind of thing you say when a friend is down and your relationship with him and his label is all hunky dory.

Offline buddy holiday

• View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: November 09, 2022, 07:51:54 AM »

I didn't know about Grumpy's but I did say at the time it kind of seems like they're just helping out AmRep/Haze by putting out a new album through them first for a change but I and a lot of others expected a traditional mainstream release to follow not long after. It doesn't seem like that will be happening especially since AmRep released a non-cheapy CD version now too.

Just everything about this new album release seems odd and a bit bizarre but it does suggest there is some sort of breakdown in the Ipecac relationship. When Patton was still on hiatus earlier this year Buzz did a video interview where he quite freely volunteered that "Patton can be very frustrating to work with" I thought that spoke volumes. It's not the kind of thing you say when a friend is down and your relationship with him and his label is all hunky dory.

From this buzzo interview: https://chaoszine.net/different-band-than-any-other-band-an-interview-with-melvins-frontman-buzz-osborne/

Your latest album, “Bad Mood Rising” has been a kind of ‘surprise album’. I guess you didn’t quite put that much effort on advertising it’s release in music medias nor releasing singles for beforehand to promote it. Why’s that kind of decision?

Buzz: Because lot of people put out records right now. Almost every band have their new record out. We were just trying to see if it really works (without advertising it). We just figured to put that out and see what happens.

Offline Bigval

• View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: November 09, 2022, 08:10:46 AM »
Thanks for that but what Buzz said still doesn't make any sense no one puts out a new album with the hope it gets ignored and doesn't sell. There's obviously something strange going on behind the scenes.

Offline ))))((((

• Tehom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: November 09, 2022, 08:22:58 AM »
There's obviously something strange going on behind the scenes.
I don't really think there is myself. Both Buzz and Dale have said they do things with both AmRep AND Ipecac. So i think that will continue. But i could see that potentially something COULD have occurred. I guess we'll soon find out in a sense if the next thing isn't on Ipecac either.