Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonergrunge and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

jonE5

=P~ =P~ =P~

Very nice stuff (It looks like they are playing in somebodies living room  :lol: )

perzo)))

Quote from: Peebot on February 02, 2012, 05:37:06 PM
Yes indeed!  I finally got some of my old VHS tapes back from a long lost pal and this the first one I've sliced up and posted.  Just put the last song up...Copache:

10. Copache 

There's one more track to put up but it needs some fiddling, so I'll put that up in the next day or two.  Thought boardies might enjoy this one in particular 'cause of the time period, the strange nature (and venue) of the show (it's recorded at the Atlantic Records suite at the New Music Seminar in New York), and the fact that Billy filled in, as they were between bass players at the time.

I didn't shoot this show, by the way, I got this copy from Dale not long after it happened.  I think someone from Atlantic shot it, and you can see another video camera on Buzz's side in a bunch of the shots, and if I remember right the intention originally was to edit the two angles together. 

I've got a couple more shows from '91 and '92, one that I shot and one from Chicago, that I'm hoping are solid enough in quality to put up.  Both feature Joe on bass.  I'll shoot links around when I get those going.

And I'm happy to burn this thing and the others to a DVD with chapters if anyone is interested.  Just cover the cost of the shipping and I'll send it out.  I've gotta get the file cut up with chapter stops in the next couple of days and it'll be ready to go. 

Enjoy!

the chicago show youre speaking of,is that from lounge ax?
Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

Peebot

[/quote]

It is.  Is that show already posted?  Should I not bother?

Peebot

black stallion

Larry  O:)

post of the year,thanks peebot!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

perzo)))

Quote from: Peebot on February 03, 2012, 11:08:01 AM

[/quote]

dont think i saw that anywhere(that was my 2nd melvins show!) i have a copy but i think the sound is not so great.
i have a few shows on vhs i need to rip to dvd.anyone interested? ill post which shows they are when i dig em out.
Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

black stallion

is just me or buzz is dressed exactly like in the Honey Bucket video?  :|

norecess

Peebot

Quote from: perzo))) on February 03, 2012, 11:40:57 AM

dont think i saw that anywhere(that was my 2nd melvins show!) i have a copy but i think the sound is not so great.
i have a few shows on vhs i need to rip to dvd.anyone interested? ill post which shows they are when i dig em out.

I'm interested! 

Uncle Fester

thanks for those vids peebot.. fucking awesome.

I have to ask... why is honey bucket incomplete?

Peebot

Quote from: Uncle Fester on February 03, 2012, 07:22:07 PM
thanks for those vids peebot.. fucking awesome.

I have to ask... why is honey bucket incomplete?

yeah, strangely they just play the intro up to the main riff and then go into Hag Me.  If you play the Hag Me video you'll see that it picks up right where Honey Bucket ends.  I guess I maybe should have kept those together as one file. 

There are also a couple of rough edits actually, Lizzy get's a little chopped at the beginning and the end of Sacrifice is cut off at the very end, but that's the way that the video came to me, so we'll have to blame the cameraman.

Peebot

Quote from: black stallion on February 03, 2012, 11:37:12 AM
Larry  O:)

post of the year,thanks peebot!

My pleasure, folks.  So glad you guys are getting a kick out of it.

black stallion

is that a copy of Houdini standing on Buzz amp rig?isn't this the Houdini era,they seem to play most of the songs off that album and Billy was engineer for them in that period,right?

Peebot

Quote from: black stallion on February 04, 2012, 04:38:26 AM
is that a copy of Houdini standing on Buzz amp rig?isn't this the Houdini era,they seem to play most of the songs off that album and Billy was engineer for them in that period,right?

Yep, this was right when Houdini came out.

Peebot

Quote from: perzo))) on February 03, 2012, 11:40:57 AM

[/quote]

Here's a clip from the Chicago show:

2. It's Shoved - Melvins - Lounge Ax, Chicago, 9.13.91

is this the same one you have?  Sound quality leaves a lot to be desired for sure, and that's unfortunate 'cause this is a pretty lethal performance.  Buzz is like a man possessed.  I'll post some more over the next day or two.  killer set list:

1. Charmicarmacat
2. It's Shoved
3. Antitoxidote
4. Oven
5. Euthanasia
6. If I had an Exorcism
7. Boris
8. Wispy
9. Eye Flys
10. Adolescent Wet Dream
11. Cow
12. Vile