Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrLuck87

Quote from: Uncle Fester on February 24, 2012, 01:41:18 AM
I have this impression of him that he walks off the stage angry for every gig. Isnt that his schtick?

No, it's just that he's been pissy quite often.  The first time I saw Tool, which was in 2007, he seemed like he was having a lot of fun.  He'd make jokes, he swung his cowboy hat around during the Jambi solo which was pretty funny (even though some people think Tool are ultra serious which I don't get), and he hit all of the notes.  I was really impressed and couldn't figure out why anyone had a problem with their live show.  Fast forward two years later and Maynard acted like he had a stick up his ass.  To date it's the most disappointing show I've been to (that I was actually looking forward too).

But anyway, no it's not his schtick.  You just have to keep your fingers crossed and hope you're seeing them on a good night.

jonE5

Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 24, 2012, 09:33:36 AM
I'm pretty sure Maynard doesn't give a fuck what any of his or tool fans think. My post was half serious, half joking. I'm more bothered by the fact that Tool is content releasing albums every decade while touring sporadically in between albums playing the same old songs. I caught the first Tool show I could after 10,000 days was released and then passed on several Tool shows in the years that followed.

They're free to do what they want, but I'm also free to do what I want with my money. Tool has essentially taken three decades to release a three part album. Aenema, Lateralus and 10,000 days are essentially the same album.

I'll be the first in line to buy the next Tool album and will be at the next Montreal show but I certainly won't participate in them milking that shit for a decade.

They are getting older, and have other stuff to do.. Maynard is running a vineyard which is more than a full time job (Check out the documentary "Blood into wine" it's very good)

You can say Lateralus and 10,000 days are the same album cause they kind of are.. Both kind of Mah. But you can't say that about Aenema.. That album is amazing, and definitely the best thing they will ever make. Saw them in '97 for that tour.. Whoa! 

Illusionator

jonE5

The Bloated Pope

Melvins - A History of Bad Men - Praha 2011
I love this live version !

(sorry if already posted, btw first post yeah !)

jonE5

TheSwingSet

i know i posted this in the proper thread, just wanted to make sure no one over looks it...wow.

MELVINS versus CINEFAMILY ("SOUND OF NOISE" L.A. premeire)
"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

JUDY

Quote from: TheSwingSet on March 10, 2012, 10:27:03 PM
i know i posted this in the proper thread, just wanted to make sure no one over looks it...wow.

MELVINS versus CINEFAMILY ("SOUND OF NOISE" L.A. premeire)

:love: :love: :love: :love:
DRUM BATTLE OF THE CENTURY!
Thank you!! Wow, that was better than Animal VS Buddy Rich!!!

TheSwingSet

"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

The Bloated Pope

(the) flutter nuts

connor thanks for those sets that frigging great!!!!
I got the shits real bad.

connor272

Also I found this earlier today:
MELVINS - 2003 Vilar De Mouros Festival(PRO)
It's the more or less same set as the Eurockeennes video from the same year that's been on YouTube for a while but I think the performance here is much better.
The ending of Black Stooges is amazing.