Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: rhyme orange on April 28, 2012, 10:14:24 PM
i came across this searching for videos.  i guess it can go here.

melvins - blowhead

QuoteThis is not an actual Melvins album, I do not own this song. All rights to the founding artists and record companies. The idea for this came from sitting in the living room stoned one night listening to the Melvins album Bullhead and I wondered what some of the songs would sound like sped up and/or warped. So thats what I've done here, not all songs are from Bullhead but they make up the majority. Hope fellow fans enjoy this different expereince of Melvins songs.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO8JU746bcVgBqTPM-OzE1A/videos

Melvins- If I had an Exorcism Blowhead

Those videos are pretty cool, especially Cow

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: GrimReaper on April 26, 2012, 10:36:26 AM
Bulls and the Bees guitar cover on you tube, already!

Melvins-We Are Doomed guitar cover

Hey, that's me!  :lol:
And thanks for the compliment, black stallion.  :)
Sorry for the late response-I spent a lot of time looking through the early pages of this thread, and now I've reached the most recent pages. This whole thread is a goldmine of Melvins history.  8)

black stallion

you're really good! i might be wrong but i must have seen another video of you performing the war on wisdom
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: black stallion on May 28, 2012, 03:55:52 AM
you're really good! i might be wrong but i must have seen another video of you performing the war on wisdom

Thanks!  :) Here's that video:

Melvins-The War On Wisdom guitar cover

Ya know, I might redo this one. I wasn't really playing at least one of the parts quite right and it bugs me. I hope to get more Melvins covers uploaded sometime soonish

black stallion

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on May 28, 2012, 04:01:46 AM

I wasn't really playing at least one of the parts quite right and it bugs me.

you mean the part starting @ 1:09? seems you played some different notes there. still a great job considering that song is a lot harder to play than we're doomed i guess

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: black stallion on May 28, 2012, 04:04:55 AM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on May 28, 2012, 04:01:46 AM

I wasn't really playing at least one of the parts quite right and it bugs me.

you mean the part starting @ 1:09? seems you played some different notes there. still a great job considering that song is a lot harder to play than we're doomed i guess

Thanks, yeah-that's the part that I was playing wrong

(((O)))

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on May 27, 2012, 09:53:08 PM
:lol: Dale at 7:56
"Stay off the stage assholes!"  :lol:

Seems there's always some idiots at each show.

black stallion

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on May 27, 2012, 10:14:36 PM
Quote from: The Bloated Pope on May 27, 2012, 08:44:57 AM
Melvins : Lysol (Hung Bunny / Roman Dog Bird) @ Villette Sonique 2012

What is that that guy (Is it Scott...from Crom!) keeps adjusting by Dale's snare? A microphone?

probably a microphone

Quote from: black stallion on May 27, 2012, 07:31:31 AM
Melvins : Star Spangled Banner + The War On Wisdom + The Bit @ Villette Sonique 2012

Melvins : The Water Glass + Evil New War God @ Villette Sonique 2012

And where's the ribbon crashers?!  :shock: Hopefully this is not a sign that they're ditching ribbon crashers, or a sign of the apocalypse.

I'm obsessed.  :shock:

i think not, if they should play some songs like talking horse or lizzy they would need a ribbon. also dale in a recent interview said he loves using crashers

Metalhead Cow

black stallion

it's an impro jam,since BB have joined they use to end shows that way, with buzz leaving the stage.

Metalhead Cow

Yeah I know they usually do that-I just thought Dale and Jared were sinigng lyrics from a specific song in this video-and it didn't sound like Gimmie Pizza

TheSwingSet

Quote from: black stallion on May 27, 2012, 07:31:31 AM
Melvins : Star Spangled Banner + The War On Wisdom + The Bit @ Villette Sonique 2012

Melvins : The Water Glass + Evil New War God @ Villette Sonique 2012

A couple comments:

The Water Glass, Evil New War God video-  :lol: Jared at 7:26 and  :lol: Dale at 7:56

And now for some percussion talk:

On the recent US tour Coady was only using the blue jam block, but in these latest shows he's brought back the red jam block with the Pete Engelhart bell (in 2010 he was playing two different pitched bells,  before the red jam block eventually replaced one of the bells). Also, If I'm not mistaken, Coady doesn't have a ribbon crasher in his setup  :shock: I can't tell if Dale has one.  :? In the beginning of The War On Wisdom-I think Coady normally uses the ribbon crasher in the opening beat, along with the Pete Engelhart bell, jam block, and stack crash that Dale and Coady share. But with no ribbon crasher Coady had to, well... leave it out.  :P And you know that part during Evil New War God where Coady does that cool beat where he plays those notes alternating between the Pete Engelhart bell/ jam block, then rides 16th notes on the ribbon crasher? in this video he was forced to stick with the two available percussion sources, so he played that part a little differently than he normally does.

And where's the ribbon crashers?!  :shock: Hopefully this is not a sign that they're ditching ribbon crashers, or a sign of the apocalypse.

I'm obsessed.  :shock:

I am almost positive at the Charlotte show they both had the engelhart ribbon crashers. They are smaller than the Rhythm Tech ones. Cody usually has one mounted on his floor tom off the rim i believe.
"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

Metalhead Cow

Yeah, I think they were just hard to see in the video cause they're small