Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Quote from: )))((( on September 09, 2012, 05:30:56 AM
Quote from: black stallion on September 09, 2012, 05:12:39 AM
hey,check the Freak Puke cover on Dale's drum skin  :o
I've always liked it when bands do that, plus being that Freak Puke is one of my favourite Melvins album covers i most certainly doubly approve!

it was since the Ozma drum skin that something like this didn't happen  :nerd:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Illusionator

I've always liked it when bands do that, plus being that Freak Puke is one of my favourite Melvins album covers i most certainly doubly approve!

But... you cut the cover upo and buried it...

Why )))(((, why?  :-s

(((O)))

Quote from: Illusionator on September 09, 2012, 10:35:59 AM

But... you cut the cover up and buried it...

Why )))(((, why?  :-s
:lol:

Good point. If it had been a cardboard cover i would have kept it. I just don't really like keeping pieces of paper about. I know this might sound stupid but im just as happy (perhaps even moreso) to right click and save a good quality online picture of the cover than to have the actual artwork.

Idlehanz

I'm curious for some opinions here.  I recorded this video with two different audio tracks.  The top one is soundboard only, both channels.  The second one is half soundboard, half shotgun mic.  Let me know what you think sounds better.

Soundboard only

Melvins at the Nuerolux in Boise, Id on 9-8-12 HD

Soundboard/shotgun

Melvins at the Nuerolux in Boise, Id on 9-8-12 HD

jules

The sound's quite different, eh? I'd be hard pushed to say which I preferred, though, as neither recording is bad at all. Both excellent, in fact.

black stallion

in my opinion soundboard only is totally better Idle

Illusionator

Wow that's a tough one. Both are execllent.

Soundboard only sounds fuller and less echo-y

BUT the soundboard and shotgun makes the vocals sound clearer but loses some bass

I'd marginally say soundboard and shotgun but it's really close to call and more down to taste than quality.

jules

Dan_Halen

Quote from: jules on September 12, 2012, 09:23:32 AM
The sound's quite different, eh? I'd be hard pushed to say which I preferred, though, as neither recording is bad at all. Both excellent, in fact.

I like the second one with the shotgun mic added BUT...I would turn the shotgun mic track down a bit, there's a little too much of it mixed in IMO. Very nice indeed tho!

Jules- Nice. Those kids rock!!!! Melvins should do a War On Wisdon remix video and let those kids actually cover the song!!!
Los ticka toe rest

Metalhead Cow

That's cool. I haven't watched the video because I don't want to know the setlist on this tour before I see them in October, but that's cool Dale did that. Someone posted an audio interview with Dale a little while ago and Dale said in that interview he thought it would be cool to get the Freak Puke cover on his bass drum.  :nerd:

black stallion

Illusionator