Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: Hortense on October 25, 2012, 10:46:39 AM
Some amazing videos of Tool with Buzz and Dale.  Thanks.

That was the last period of Tool that I was impressed by.  I love Lateralus and caught Tool three times supporting that album.  It's odd in a way.  I loved Tool passionately for many years but after Lateralus, once they released 10,000 days I completely lost interest.  I have yet to make it through 10,000 days.  My perspective on it is that it sounds like nu-metal and A Perfect Circle.  I cannot listen to that material and hear Danny Carey, Adam Jones, Justin Chancellor.  I only hear Maynard.  Now, I love Maynard.  Don't get me wrong.  He's a fine, fine vocalist.  He's an amazing vocalist.  But that 10,0000 days album doesn't sound like Tool to me.  Again, I'm probably in the minority here.  I hope the next Tool album sounds like Tool to me.  Not that I am trying to put Tool into a kind of pre-packaged cookie cutter like object that delivers the same thing every time.  On the contrary.  It was the progression of things album to album that made Tool so interesting to me in the first place.  So perhaps they simply progressed to a point where their music was very soft-spoken and - to my ears - less musical, less cutting edge and more like A Perfect Circle.  Perhaps I outgrew them.

Here's a Question...

I went back and watched Brian's Melvins.net interview yesterday.  It's really an excellent interview.  I faulted Brian once, unjustly, over asking about Cobain.  In retrospect I was wrong to do that.  The man only asked the one question and while I don't care for Nirvana or Cobain clearly most others do and this is -  I suppose - part of the greater history of Melvins on a certain level albeit one that runs parallel to Melvins own trajectory.  Brian did a great job with that interview now that I've watched it again. =D>  Thank you Brian.  I apologize for giving you grief over the Nirvana question.  I'm a crotchety old crank bastard sometimes.  You are a good man, sir.

My question is this.  At the conclusion of the fifth part of the interview it seems Buzz is about to say something else.  I cannot locate a sixth portion of this talk on youtube.  Does a sixth part exist or is part five the end of the interview?

I'm not sure i've seen these interviews?
I got the shits real bad.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on October 26, 2012, 01:12:38 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on October 26, 2012, 12:59:08 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on October 26, 2012, 11:59:20 AM

I'm not sure i've seen these interviews?

themelvins.net Conversation w/ The Melvins Part 1

Killer, thanks man.  No i have not seen this

Brian did the interview at Grumpy's after the infamous Vinny interviews never came to light.  I think he had asked the forum if they had any questions they wanted answered before the interview.. Some day it would be great to see a transcript of this, but I think it would take a lot of work..
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

jules

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on October 26, 2012, 01:24:33 PM
Some day it would be great to see a transcript of this, but I think it would take a lot of work..
I have the time if Brian has the desire.

Erm, AHEM, in the context of this interview of course.

GrimReaper

pinkyslim

great stuff^
Thanks for posting.

I had to leave mid way through the set.

But, going to see them on 12/31 :nerd:

Who sings Mr. Ripoff on FREAK PUKE release? :shock:

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: pinkyslim on October 28, 2012, 09:16:28 PM
great stuff^
Thanks for posting.

I had to leave mid way through the set.