shoddy toronto journalism...

Started by Greasy Statement, March 14, 2008, 10:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greasy Statement

scroll down to the sidebar. i can't tell if he's come to praise them or bury them.

http://www.nowtoronto.com/music/story.cfm?content=161922

ManWithNoName

i didn't know melvins was hipster metal.

killcatley

Yeah, that's weird, considering they were just sucking Black Mountain's dick for a while.
broken hearts are for assholes

rictus

Quote from: killcatley on March 14, 2008, 11:27:07 AM
Yeah, that's weird, considering they were just sucking Black Mountain's dick for a while.

:lol:

deatheats

Quote from: ManWithNoName on March 14, 2008, 10:16:04 AM
i didn't know melvins was hipster metal.

Nor did I know that the Melvins were a "joke band".
Seriously, where do some of these guys get their info?

Greasy Statement

the guy that wrote this is an obnoxious tool who falls into that feisty/snotty mode of "music journalism". nobody i know respects his opinion, yet somehow he's revered in local journalistic circles. that same said magazine pretty much ignores all forms of metal or aggressive/underground music unless it's deemed worthy by "reputable" sources and now that those same said sources are name dropping the melvins, you can bet they'll jump on the bandwagon at some point.
the paper in general is pretty useless and i only really pick it up for the crossword....

TGH

It really seems like he's just heard of the Melvins, and then just name dropped them.
This isn't a time for lectures!

glen

I guess I'm just really disappointed that my favorite band on earth is actually a joke band.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

bigjim

Maybe the person who wrote that, used to be someone who worked at Rotate This?

Greasy Statement

nah, it's that perlich clown. at least they know the band at rotate...

JJ

I'm not cool enough to get that kids super duper kneepadding style.

Although I guess if you have talked to Black Mountain you must be so cool you can slag anything you want....

everyones entitled to their opinion - even if they have their head up their pooper

Greasy Statement

if only he was just a kid. he's probably in his late 40's by now, but writes like a bad fanzine writing teen...

(the) Razor

Quote from: glen on March 14, 2008, 02:41:20 PM
I guess I'm just really disappointed that my favorite band on earth is actually a joke band.

Oh man, I always thought COD and Prick were great albums until I read this... :(
Don't click this

grays harbor mafia

I LIKE THE "GENRE" OF MUSIC THIS GUY CATEGORIZED THE MELVINS AS......"HIPSTER METAL"  :lol:  WHAT AN IDIOT.. i dont understand how ther could  a job called a "music critic"..all it is is an opinion by that some idiot has...
"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC

Doody the Clown

Damn that hipster Buzzo, just riding on the coattails of REAL legends like Black Mountain.