L
L
E
E
Z
Z
Z

feelmytool

can someone clear this up for me. are all of these songs on "26 songs" because there are 24 when i count them all up. and is there anything from any of these albums that doesn't appear on 26 songs?
if life is a dream in the imagination of ourselves, and there is no such thing as death, then what does waking up mean?

Chief Ten Beers

The 26 Songs CD covers it all. There's really no 26th song on the CD; at the end of track 25 there's a "field" recording of them fucking around talking with some neigborhood weirdo and jamming at someone's house when they were teens.

feelmytool

thanks man i'm going to buy another melvins cd and i didn't know which one i wanted to buy so i decided to see what the differance between all of these are
if life is a dream in the imagination of ourselves, and there is no such thing as death, then what does waking up mean?

(PAUL)

The songs on 10 Songs and 8 Songs are the same, the cd just had two extra songs. The songs on 6 Songs are the same songs but different versions of them. They are all included on 26 Songs. Kind of confusing, and the fact that they include 2 and sometimes 3 of the same song with different recordings of it doesn't help matters.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

feelmytool

so everything is included on 26 songs right, cause i'm gonna buy it pretty soon.

noctrun

here is the origin of each song (feel free to correct me/add stuff)

01 Easy As It Was - 8/10 Songs
02 Now A Limo - 8/10 Songs
03 Grinding Process - 8/10 Songs
04 #2 Pencil - 8/10 Songs
05 At A Crawl - 8/10 Songs
06 Disinvite - 8/10 Songs
07 Snake Appeal - 8/10 Songs
08 Show Off Your Red Hands - 8/10 Songs
09 Over Form Underground - 10 Songs
10 Cray Fish - 10 Songs
11 Easy As It Was - 6 Songs
12 Now A Limo - 6 Songs
13 Grinding Process - 6 Songs
14 At A Crawl - 6 Songs
15 Disinvite - 6 Songs
16 Snake Appeal - 6 Songs
17 Set Me Straight - Outakes from 1st 7 inch (Single, bootleg?)
18 Show Off Your Red Hands - Outakes from 1st 7 inch (Single, bootleg?)
19 #2 Pencil - Outakes from 1st 7 inch (Single, bootleg?)
20 Grinding Process
21 Snake Appeal
22 At A Crawl
23 Operation Blessing
24 Breakfast On The Sly
25 Ever Since My Accident - Kill Rock Stars (VA) (imho the quality is a little better on KRS)
26 Hugh
Mark T.

Battlecat

Seems strange (as this release is aiming for completeness) that they didn't include the 4 tracks from the Deep Six Compilation and Malfunkshun split 7" on this. They're from the same period, contain a couple of alternate versions of tracks already on there, and would've fitted on the CD. Any ideas why they're not on there?

anaconda

I think becuz Cruz Records still owns the rights to release the Deep Six comp versions

Chief Ten Beers

What the Melvins should do is release a b-sides boxset with EVERYTHING(live and studio) that has not been included on the official albums/CDs that are in print. There's a ton of stuff out there, the one-off singles on small defunct labels, the Atlantic years, ToraX3 box, etc. etc.

I'm just too lazy to be bothered with downloading/transferring and hunting down singles on ebay for one song.

klump

I have a feeling that were gonna have to wait a while for the next melvins album.

they have sort of had a gigantic production level the last few years, so...maybe some re-issues, but i think a fullfledged album will take a while...

(all the statements above are obviously reversed psychology to make the melvins do the EXACT opposite !  :lol: )

(damn phpbb codes! :P )

DubEMC

Quote from: anacondaI think becuz Cruz Records still owns the rights to release the Deep Six comp versions

Conda did you mean C/Z records? Cuz Cruz Records was a pretty crappy label.

anaconda

yes, simple slip of the fingers Dub. Nice attention to detail there.
I picked up Blessed Black Wings todays btw, would i be
out of line to say there's a definite Motorhead influence??
They picked up some schooling obviously when they toured with
Motorhead last year. At least from the first three songs, and that
great opening drum assault on Devilution. Thats the only time you
hear Albini's patented dry drum sound on the whole CD! hahha when
Des is unaccompanied!

-----
p.s. Cruz is/was shit Dub, I have some Greg Ginn solo bullshit
that he mailed to our studio ages ago. Complete crap to be honest.
Greg Ginn with drum machines?? So uncool.

DubEMC

Was that Dick by Greg Ginn? Talk about a guy that lost his edge. Yeah and that ALL stuff was some of the worst music I've ever heard

anaconda

did everybody out there get a promo copy of DICK? hahhaa, my mom even  has one.