Gluey Porch Treatments

Started by pottyhead, December 24, 2003, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

Quote from: cleveland rewind on August 25, 2012, 12:28:55 PM
is this legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230832359584?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

i want ozma bad! but this feels cheap.
I think you could wait and find one with a lyric sheet and a better sleeve for the same price. Don't think this has been bootlegged yet.

homeless_dad

Heaviness of the load reminds me of the happy birthday song.
Is Ian back yet??

Luciditypro

I've come to the conclusion that a large chunk of this album are love-sick anthems. But in a really messed up sort of way. Easily one of my favorite albums of all time.
"I don't get it.  It's pretty simple to reason out what happened.  El Duce blackmailed Neil Armstrong into murdering Cobain lest he release photos of Armstrong pulling the trigger on JFK.

Why you ask?  Because Cobain was secretly banging Bin Laden, El Duce's lover." -U5x Danny

homeless_dad

Quote from: Luciditypro on December 13, 2012, 07:39:24 PM
I've come to the conclusion that a large chunk of this album are love-sick anthems. But in a really messed up sort of way. Easily one of my favorite albums of all time.
Agreed.  I posted under to love songs thread that heater moves and eyes might be a love song in a twisted way.  On first...20 listens or so i probably wouldnt have guessed it as such. 

BTW, welcome to the first level of hell, aka melvins.net bbs!  Where all of your dreams morph into night terrors...
Is Ian back yet??

Luciditypro

Quote from: homeless_dad on December 13, 2012, 09:12:25 PM
Quote from: Luciditypro on December 13, 2012, 07:39:24 PM
Agreed.  I posted under to love songs thread that heater moves and eyes might be a love song in a twisted way.  On first...20 listens or so i probably wouldnt have guessed it as such. 

BTW, welcome to the first level of hell, aka melvins.net bbs!  Where all of your dreams morph into night terrors...

Yeah, Heater Moves and Eyes is the song that actually led me to post this! It reminds me of someone that you care about so much that a single word can completely change the way you're feeling about something. Also, Echohead/don't piece me is another one of my favorite "love songs" off of that album, although it almost seems like not getting what you want. The line "Never is an ugly word" is one of my favorite lines of all time. :P

Oh and thanks! I've actually been here for nearly a year, but have only begun to regularly post here like two weeks ago. I like it here, and apparently I'm already in Schnab's posse, so woohoo!
"I don't get it.  It's pretty simple to reason out what happened.  El Duce blackmailed Neil Armstrong into murdering Cobain lest he release photos of Armstrong pulling the trigger on JFK.

Why you ask?  Because Cobain was secretly banging Bin Laden, El Duce's lover." -U5x Danny

borislikesitall

did anyone get this with Ozma from back in the day? threw me for a loop for a long time, but i warmed up to it and it warmed me up to things like Captain Beefheart and Royal Trux and the like.

Dumpster D

a few songs give off the Impression it was about Tripping balls on the front porch on acid for the first time, but thats Just me Listening to it while Really Really high.

But infact I remain convinced the whole album is about doing wayyy too much Acid.  :lol:

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Pringles

QuoteTalk about a band setting up their store right from the out. Had they split up right after this, and it was just a weird one-off, it still wouldn't matter. I love Melvins, and like most of what they've done, but this album seems to exist in a completely different space. At the beginning, it's almost like some kind of ominous classical music. Matt Lukin does that bass intro and the drums start thundering in and the weird feedback, then finally - finally - this tune emerges out of the swamp. The balls of these guys! It's their first album, and normally you'd come crashing in with something that gets people, but they just leave it. They're masters of doing things too many times or letting things go on a bit too long. I love them. 
 There's a bit in the middle of 'As It Was' where it goes into a quote-unquote normal tune, and it just makes it more weird - the fact that in the middle of this gluey swamp, it goes into this regular rock song which then disappears again.

http://thequietus.com/articles/15887-kavus-torabi-knifeworld-favourite-albums?page=7
Luck is a residue of design

some guy

this would probably be my favorite album of all time if they hadn't ever made anything else
That's neither here Nora there

Oscar

Crover just blew everyone's mind on Facebook

Mints

!! I always heard it as "free" but it definitely is "preyed". Well, I'll be.

meezer

This kinda went under the radar.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

DToxico

Didn't realize that connection existed. I thought Alchemy was all Deutrom's thing. Huh.

RIP